Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure but he's not our #1 LB target for a reason. With the lack of money spent on the position and the issues we've have there in previous seasons; it would be unreasonable imo to not pay up for our #1 targets in both FB positions. Bertrand would be an above average #2 but I don't think he's good enough as a #1 if we're building an elite squad. If Mendy wasn't coming and we targeted Grimaldo and Bertrand, that's a different story.
He is a lot better than you think he is, but he is not a shiny new toy

A lot people need to be reassured constantly because they are WEAK minded children.

Are you sure we getting Mendy as well as Bertrand?
I think weak minded is a tad harsh. Everyone obviously wants to ensure that we get the best players and become frustrated by the lack of movement on full backs especially. For years we've been saying to get new full backs and we've signed 1 in 3 years which was Sagna!

I think the art of defending I'd add to that list too. Not to make this the Clichy thread but I actually leapt off my seat when I heard he was leaving. Can't defend, offers nothing and isn't aggressive enough in everything he does. He always seemed like the nice bloke like Navas players you'd want to do well because he's not a complete c'nt but thank god we've let him go. Mendy from I've said looks a powerhouse and I've always like Bertrand. Not as good as Rose in the England squad imo but not far behind. Like Clyne with Walker. Rant over I promise..!
I thought Clcihy was good up until last season which suddenly seemed to be a season too far. I am not a big fan of Bertrand. He seems a good all round footballer, but I think we're after more than that. We could do better and go for Keiron Gibbs a player who has lost his way under Wenger.

I thought Clcihy was good up until last season which suddenly seemed to be a season too far. I am not a big fan of Bertrand. He seems a good all round footballer, but I think we're after more than that. We could do better and go for Keiron Gibbs a player who has lost his way under Wenger.
I can see your point Clichy has been a great servant to the club and maybe it is just flashbacks of Mahrez pulling Clichys pants down at home this season that I'm being a tad harsh!
Personally I'd prefer Bertrand not a sick note...and hasn't done anything in years to suggest he's truly kicked on. If Bertrand is £25 mill and Gibbs £15 mill I'd still take Bertrand he plays week in week out.

I can see your point Clichy has been a great servant to the club and maybe it is just flashbacks of Mahrez pulling Clichys pants down at home this season that I'm being a tad harsh!
Personally I'd prefer Bertrand not a sick note...and hasn't done anything in years to suggest he's truly kicked on. If Bertrand is £25 mill and Gibbs £15 mill I'd still take Bertrand he plays week in week out.
Bertrand would be good cover but I'll be a bit disappointed if Bertrand is our main left back. Monaco seem to be making life awkward for us which is predictable. Gibbs is probably a gamble as his game has gone, but I do remember Arsenal fans saying that about Clichy when we bought him. I think Arsenal have got a lot of quality players but they go backwards after a while eg Ramsey and Ozil

Sorry but if we bought Gibbs we may as well have kept Clichy.
Clichy's legs have gone. Gibbs looked really good 3-4 seasons ago and he was the reason why Arsenal let Clichy go. I know he's struggling now, but that happens to a lot of Arsenal defenders.

Gibbs?

Bertrand is a much better player.

Clichy's legs have gone. Gibbs looked really good 3-4 seasons ago and he was the reason why Arsenal let Clichy go. I know he's struggling now, but that happens to a lot of Arsenal defenders.

But as you say he has been poor for 4 seasons. What's there to make you think he can improve to the level we require. Too big a gamble for me. And he doesnt strike me as an intelligent footballer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.