Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A role player?

Mendy is wanted by many top clubs. He is France's starting LB and has the potential to be one of the top 3 left backs in the world. He will be an automatic starter here and would be at Barcelona as well. Think he will go for 40m. The market for top LBs is very small and if thats the price, then thats the price, we won't have to buy another one for years.
Yeah, I usually respect Dax's opinion. He watches a lot of football...as do I, but he is so wrong about this. I watch a lot of Ligue 1 as I am half French and I lived in France for many years. Bernat, Dax's favourite shortie, wouldn't have even started at Monaco over Mendy. I can promise you that.

We don't need any more pu**ies at left back.

Couldn't give a fuck how much he costs us to be honest. We're all going to die and I just want to see us win as many trophies as possible before I inevitably do.

If its 50 million, it will look crazy. Just like Stones was ludicrous at 47 million, this would be ludicrous at 50.

We should stop pretending there is a sky rocketing market out there. There isn't one. There are just a few teams who tend to buy at excessive prices; Real, PSG the rags and us. That's pretty much the list of repeat offenders.

50 million will make Mendy the joint most expensive defender ever. He is not in the top 30 defenders in the world today. So what the fuck are we doing paying top 3 money for?

The main reason why its often hard to move dead weight is because of this style of purchase. Even the mindset that price = production is sad. Generally for top end players? sure. For squad and role guys? Hell no. And make no mistake, Mendy is a role player.
Isn't the price mooted something around 50 million euros rather than pounds?

A role player?

Mendy is wanted by many top clubs. He is France's starting LB and has the potential to be one of the top 3 left backs in the world. He will be an automatic starter here and would be at Barcelona as well. Think he will go for 40m. The market for top LBs is very small and if thats the price, then thats the price, we won't have to buy another one for years.
Yes he is a role player. Perhaps a good one. But a role player none the less.

Marcelo is currently the only lights out special LB in World football today. Alba, and Alaba get a nod for past performance and consistency. But neither are game changers. Then perhaps you give a nod to Luis and Sandro. One is consistent and the other has been brilliant this season. After that there are a bunch of good LBs of which Mendy is just one of many, including Bernat, Hector, Escudero, Rose, Davies*, Macral, Kurzawa, Sessegnon, Halstenberg, Samir, Macral and a host of others.

So yes, he is a role player.

You have obviously seen plenty of Monaco games and don't rate this guy, but do you think Bernardo Silva is decent value?

Value is difficult to guage, with rumours of a 130 million bid for Mbappe. But in the sense that he is 10 years younger than a 50 mill valued Alexis maybe not so crazy.
Yes, that's amazing value. A game changer at 43 million is fantastic business.

A role player at 50 million is meh!

Yes, that's amazing value. A game changer at 43 million is fantastic business.

A role player at 50 million is meh!

he is a game changer though...we have been desperate for a full bsck like him for years fot starters

the full backs in peps system are extremely important as well...as important as the midfieldes as thats where u often find them....fernas best games have come at right back this season.....same with navas ( even more so with him)

Presumably he will cost a fortune because there's a distinct lack of high quality full-backs in the world today.

Even though, in terms of football, I only follow Man City (they are one of my 'special' interests), I would be surprised if Mendy isn't considered to be one of the best ten players in his respective position at the moment.

Mendy is a major improvement in what we had playing LB (I am not disrespecting either Clichy and Kolarov who have played their part in our recent successes). Even though the price is a little steep( more cheaper than Alex Sandro who has similar qualities and Juventus' valuation is ridiculous), he will prove to be value for money in the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.