Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ignorance displayed on this forum honestly, HONESTLY never fails to amaze me. When you think it can't get any worse, it does.

"Cave in and pay what they want immediately" - Okay, we go in with the offer of £55mil straight away, this however doesn't activate a release clause and so Monaco start to believe that £55mil is the lowest we're willing to pay. At that point they just drive the price up higher - This is a given because it's basic practice for anyone selling anything, just how high are the buyers willing to go? Cue the same posters calling Txiki an idiot for spending so much money. Why didn't he negotiate properly? It's almost like he can't win at this battle.
If people can't see the sense of even pretending you don't want to pay what they "want" to make the club happy they recieved it in the end they are foolish.

This 100%
But, we are so blessed to have so many professional negotiators as fans offering there pearls of wisdom on how they would go about bankrupting the club

Why don't people understand? that is not how negotiations like this work.

Mendy doesn't have a Release clause, Monaco can demand whatever they want for him. If you go in and slap £55mil on the table, they just look at you like a fool because they know that is the minimum they will get and then they just ask for £60mil.
because so many are pretty stupid and immature IMO - as this thread has amply demonstrated these last few days

Or walk away. Even though it seems no one here considers that option :(

We need to look at the other options - Mendy is largely unproven at the very top level and we are being asked to pay top dollar. He's obviously got potential but walking away has to be an option. I wonder whether Bertrand is a better option (£35m) but can we get him?

Agreed is there no other player that matches mendys ability? As this is dragging on like we are trying to sign messi.
There are many. The pretense that Mendy is unique is the biggest fallacy around here.

He has tremendous upside, but also a high possibility of turning out being average.

We need to look at the other options - Mendy is largely unproven at the very top level and we are being asked to pay top dollar. He's obviously got potential but walking away has to be an option. I wonder whether Bertrand is a better option (£35m) but can we get him?
I might be wrong as Betrand is 27 and at his peak, whileMendy is still developing. But I sense he is simply the better footballer and will beat out Mendy I'm a fair camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.