Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but feel we've massively overpaid for him... Obviously hope he proves me wrong but £52m is bonkers.

yet you think Morata is a very good signing?

Ok but im sorry, i completely disagree with you and others having a go at the price we have paid for one of the finest left backs in world football.

If we paid 100 million I couldn't care less.

We need a left back and Txiki is easily getting the best one there was last season. This was the one player I wanted brought in, the lad has it all. He's Micah Richards with the skill of Elano.

The thoughts of him and Sane tearing the left side of our opponents to shreds just gives me goosebumps, and we won't be getting caught on the counter from the left flank anytime soon.

I agree 100%. 52 million is probably overpaying yes, but its not like if he was 45 or 40 the media and other fans wouldn't have given us shit for it. So fuck it, if the club are willing to pay it who cares - all I care about is seeing him in the shirt.

I think he and Sane could develop into a legendary partnership down that left flank in the next few years, and they're both so young! Left flank could be locked in for a decade.

It is interesting that so many on here repeatedly voice a concern at the fees we pay, despite the fact that we were recently valued as the most valuable club in the premier league. Player investment is exactly that, it builds the wider business value, enhances our brand profile and gives us an opportunity to compete in the world's most valuable league and the premier club competition in world football.

I do not hear Chelsea fans complaining about the Morata fee (70m) or United fans complaining about the Lukaku fee. We have bought real quality in this window and now sit at the top table. It's something to celebrate that we are here. For so long, we didn't have a sniff, apart from the salt and vinegar wafting down Claremont Road.
It would appear that many believe we are still ickle City

Mendy is a must purchase for City and the sooner its on the o.s. the better. But. .
All that's happened is we've hit the magic number that Monaco feel is acceptable. He's not signed yet.
Chelsea now know what they need to bid to get him. A quick phone call and an offer of 55 million and he's theirs as it seems they want him. Then we have a problem. Monaco don't care where he goes after all and sell to the highest bidder.
Just adding a note of caution here guys.
I'd be happy paying 100m as its not my money but let's hope none of this happens.

We'll be reet. He'll be in a Manchester City shirt before you know it. I think he likes Pep....... a lot

People know we need full backs. The clubs know what full backs we want, and there aren't really any alternatives out there for us to bluff our hand. They can charge what they want really. Premium players that are going to start in top 4 sides will be valued at 40mill+ going forward. No matter what their position.

It is interesting that so many on here repeatedly voice a concern at the fees we pay, despite the fact that we were recently valued as the most valuable club in the premier league. Player investment is exactly that, it builds the wider business value, enhances our brand profile and gives us an opportunity to compete in the world's most valuable league and the premier club competition in world football.

I do not hear Chelsea fans complaining about the Morata fee (70m) or United fans complaining about the Lukaku fee. We have bought real quality in this window and now sit at the top table. It's something to celebrate that we are here. For so long, we didn't have a sniff, apart from the salt and vinegar wafting down Claremont Road.
Bang on fella , doom and gloom on here enjoy I remember Gelson Fernandez , kin ell cheered myself up with the written fact that he was the best youth player in Switzerland . Bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.