Benteke - handed in transfer request...

Pigeonho said:
Blue Elmo said:
Still has a lot to learn as a striker. I think a lot of his form was down to momentum and the hype people were making over him, if he went through a dry spell, I think he'd struggle to find form. He had a good season but in order to convince me he's worth 20 million plus, he'd have to prove he isn't just a one season wonder like Amir Zaki and many others were. Why he has even handed in a transfer request is beyond me, at his age, Villa is the perfect club to develop. He's the main man by far and is guaranteed to start, should stick it out another season at least as opposed to moving to Arsenal or Spurs where he could crack under the pressure.
Could all be games though, the club and him agreeing to saying he's handed in a request when it is infact either their idea to sell, or a mutual agreement. Villa know they can get top dollar for him now, whereas if he is a one season wonder and does nothing next season, they will get fuck all. £25m+ will enable them to replace him, and add to the squad.

Very plausible, sell him when he's at his best market value and 25 million reinvested could their squad a world of good. But it's a risk, they have a potentially consistent 20 goal a season man, sell him, and they may not to be able to find another one like him.

I think it would be a risk to bring in a player who scored 19 league goals in his first season in the PL. But then again I think bringing in any proven (decent but not top level) striker from a foreign league contains some element of risk too. He's managed to bag 19 (23 in total) with a shit team behind him - a team that barely escaped relegation. If he doesn't see any decent investment from the Villa owners this summer who can blame him for wanting to leave - after all he carried the team last season.

If he wants first team football he has to earn it - just like Dzeko and Aguero. We shouldn't be buying anyone to be a 3rd or 4th striker

If the price is right I think we should go for it.

I just don't see it. A decent player but no world beater and he won't be. 20m+? Some fool will pay it I hope its not us.
Was an unknown quantity last season and punished the weak defenders who didn't know how to handle him. Would be disappointed if we signed him.

bluebean said:
I'd take him all day!

Young, powerful and athletic

Think he could play on his own if need and would be a great asset along side Sergio.

A young Benteke or an ageing Negrado?

Ageing?? Come one.

Easily turn it round and say a player who has scored consistently or one who isnt proven.

johnmc said:
bluebean said:
I'd take him all day!

Think he could play on his own if need and would be a great asset along side Sergio.

Ageing?? Come one.

Easily turn it round and say a player who has scored consistently or one who isnt proven.

Are they both our opinions? Or are you telling me how I have to look at it? Not changed in here has it... Fullofballbags

johnmc said:
bluebean said:
I'd take him all day!

Ageing?? Come one.

An ageing nagredo isnt 28 when a footballer is in his prime.?We could be getting him at just the right time he will be top scorer mark my words.

birchwoodgingerste said:
An ageing nagredo isnt 28 when a footballer is in his prime.?We could be getting him at just the right time he will be top scorer mark my words.

It is. The ageism from football fans is crazy... 28, old (and he isn't even 28 until next month so it's not like he's almost 29 or something)!? This is when so many strikers start to peak and his improved goal scoring in a disappointing Sevilla team last season shows that.

bluebean said:
I'd take him all day!

Depends on what you want. Negredo Today this is a more reliable bet. If want a bet more long term then maybe Benteke is a good signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.