Bereavement

Lost my dad early hours this morning. He was 84 and a cantankerous rag.

I'm absolutely overcome with grief. I'm in his house now among all his things and clothes he was using just 4 days ago. Even the skin cream I used to help him put on occasionally. I know it's less than 24 hours but the pain is so immense I don't know how I'm going to get over this.
I was of course very upset when my mum died but this is on another level. One I didn't know existed.
Anyone going through this has my sympathy
I thankfully have my support systems , relatives , neighbours etc who will help with the nightmare world of morgues death certificates and funeral arrangements.
Sorry for your loss, mate. I lost my grandma on Tuesday. There’s no textbook way of dealing with grief and loss. Just do what you need to do, feel what you need to feel and use your support systems.

It’s okay to cry.
It’s okay to laugh, when you think of one of his quirks.
Sometimes you do both, and that’s okay too.

It’s incredible how much energy it saps from you. I’ve been drained for days.

Take care of yourself too. Chat when you need to. I’m sure there are loads on here that would listen to you in PMs, should you want or need to do that, me included.

I'm absolutely overcome with grief. I'm in his house now among all his things and clothes he was using just 4 days ago.
So sorry for your loss. There really are no words that are even remotely adequate.

My only advice I would give you is to be there right now in that moment, feeling and absorbing every aspect of your Dad and your life together and to stay there for as long as you want to. You will carry them in your heart for the rest of your life.

I'm absolutely overcome with grief. I'm in his house now among all his things and clothes he was using just 4 days ago. Even the skin cream I used to help him put on occasionally. I know it's less than 24 hours but the pain is so immense I don't know how I'm going to get over this.
I was of course very upset when my mum died but this is on another level. One I didn't know existed.
I thankfully have my support systems , relatives , neighbours etc who will help with the nightmare world of morgues death certificates and funeral arrangements.
Sorry for your loss mate

Sorry for your loss.
Lost my dad 2 nights ago.
It’s a very strange surreal experience isn’t it and hits me in waves.
Guess time will make it easier.

Condolences for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.
Lost my dad 2 nights ago.
It’s a very strange surreal experience isn’t it and hits me in waves.
Guess time will make it easier.

Big hugs mate.

I have a million thoughts in my head.
All the silly arguments, things that should have been said that weren't.
A few days ago before the sudden downturn he said to me 'I don't know what I'd do without you' which I suppose was his way of thanking me for everything.
Maybe he knew his time was limited.
I'm just glad that although it wasn't an 'I love you' relationship he was able to see my deep love for him through my actions.
In his delirium at the end when he couldn't speak he rubbed my hand hard when he didn't seem capable of anything at all . I'll.never forget this.

Lost mine nearly 23 years ago now like you say going into the house all his stuff still there coats hats etc made everything at the time seem pointless, his funeral was heartbreaking. Still miss him for advice and stuff but times a great healer it does get better. Mine was a blue so I thank him for that on a regular basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.