Bernard Taylor R.I.P

StrangewaysHereWeCome

A belting old, cantankerous, tactless giant of a man. Proper Salford rum'n.

Took poorly just a week or two ago and was found to have passed away at home today.

He was telling me a while back about the weight he'd pack on every week when he worked at the docks, I asked was it the lunchtime alehouse sessions 'No you daft bastard' He chuckled and did some sort of pirouette "I'd wrap the copper cable around me under me shirt!" Explaining about the huge copper wire bales he'd skim from.

Big blue and knowledgable on all aspects. 1st team right through to the youths set up. Never ever got Stefan Jovetic's name right though ... always Stefan Djokovic like the tennis player lol

I know our kid's a fan of his 'cult' dramas, the bridge is one of his favourites. Bernard knows this too and would bell him around 5 minutes into it "WHAT YOU WATCHING THAT SHIT FOR? IT'S F**KING IN SWEDISH!"

Just his style of banter. Going to be unusual not seeing him about.

Ta-ra Geoff!

• My wife's father died today aged 90. Hadn't been to see City since it was pay on the gate but always wanted to know the latest. Family have just been reminiscing about "old times" - of all odd things we got onto tripe! I think Manchester's changed - fancy having a tripe restaurant in a prime position on Market Street.

Did Bernard used to go an watch Lancs at Old Trafford in the 80s /90s ?

Sorry for the late reply mate
Did Bernard used to go an watch Lancs at Old Trafford in the 80s /90s ?
I'm not sure about that, only known Bernard the last 4years. He used to work down the docks and drank/lived in the trinity greengate area since 1990 at least(Chapel St, Trinity Way)

Bernards funeral is tomorrow morning at Agecroft cemetery at 11am if you knew him and wanted to say goodbye, anyone who lived around there can't not have known him lol.

Poor guy had a cardiac arrest, he was found by his favourite chair with Racing TV blaring. I'm glad he went doing what he enjoyed, hope he got a winner.
Since learned that cancer was ravaging him and I know that's no way to go.
R.I.P Bernard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.