Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the points being made about Bernardo staying. But I also agree with what I assume is @Psychedelic Casual's point that we, especially from our position, can't be 100% certain of anything. As in, he COULD leave. At least in theory.

As has been said, we've never really had a player we wanted to keep wrestled from our grasp yet by a buying club. And I personally expect Bernardo to be the same. But statistically speaking, the probability that changes increases year on year.

Not saying for one moment that you're wrong but you never know with players. We've been lucky with a lot of ours but across the sport many players leave clubs at the drop of a hat if they know they'll earn more money somewhere else. Don't forget, we're already his third club and he's only 24.

But i'd hope he's the sort of lad who understands long term planning, knows he's going to be the main man in midfield with de Bruyne as time goes on, and also that him and Kev (and the third man we get in midfield) could be a three Pep wants to keep working with and that they make Pep stay longer too!
If Pep leaves and manages another club he could take Bernado with him like Sarri took Jorginho to Chelsea. I hope that won't happen though.

This is definitely code for “I’m leaving as soon as possible”...

(Alternate caption: ‘City players are invited to reenact Salah’s greatest goals.’)

You know when you are watching a laggy tv stream, it stops, then a few seconds later it catches up with itself and the players seem to run around like mad?

That's what watching Bernardo is like. Without the stopping bit.

Last edited:
When we first signed Bernardo, 93:20 podcast had Marti Perarnau on and he said that Pep thinks Bernardo is going to be one of the top 3 players in the world in a few years.

At the time I thought that might be a bit over enthusiastic, he looked like he could be world class, but one of the 3 best players on the planet? That's quite extreme.

This season has completely changed my mind. His ability to combine the silky dribbling and playmaking with a ridiculous work ethic and an increasingly physical presence is completely unique. Yesterday he was overpowering Arsenal's defensive midfielders and sometimes their centrebacks, and launching himself into tackles before joining in counterattacks and playing through balls.

He has to play in every single big game.

He had passes fizzed at him head high, chest high and some from out of the sky, he killed every one of them stone dead, fantastic control of a football and always moves forward. A ridiculous display of energy and menace and my player of the season thus far

He had passes fizzed at him head high, chest high and some from out of the sky, he killed every one of them stone dead, fantastic control of a football and always moves forward. A ridiculous display of energy and menace and my player of the season thus far
I would go so far to say he is our most technically gifted player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.