Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, if anyone is spouting bullshit between me and you, it isn’t me. That much has been well established.

Secondly, the bloke asked why there was all of this sudden activity in this thread and I was kind enough to tell him all that’s happened was some nonsense Barca twitter account posted some rubbish about a deal agreed with a low fee. Maybe read the context of the post before jumping down my throat.
Gianluca, is it really you?

Pep needs a reminder. His words about Bernardo Silva on Feb, 2018
"He'll stay a long time, while I'm here he will not move on, he will stay with me."

Ruben was very high on our list but wasn’t expected to be available. Benfica missed out on the champions league so had to sell. As soon as he was available we moved for him. Worked out pretty well if you ask me.

True, but do you not think there was more planning in that than pure lucky coincidence? Not so much benfica's exit which is obviously out of the club's control, but more their deliberate patient wait to see if the CL qualifications resulted in any new available players.

At a time when it was obvious we needed a CB and we were all panicking about missing out on one as reported target after guessed target was deemed too expensive or became unavailable, the club held their nerve going into the final couple of weeks and then reacted quickly and decisively to a change of situation of club and a player they had their eye on for at least a whole year.

We signed ruben somewhere during the final week and ruben was definitely not on the top of our list (it was kounde and god knows who else after we failed to sign koulibaly)and no journo reported his name. Maybe we still exploring options who knows

The thing I took from the Dias transfer was, the club was not reluctant to spend money, as reported. The were selective with money, and spent it on who they thought had the most value.

Ruben cost what we reportedly were ready to offer for koulibaly, and supposedly a mere 5m more would have sealed it. It was also Kounde's release clause so could have got him too. But the club chose not to rush and get him.

Seemed like it was an 'if we are going to spend over 60m on a player, we will spend it on the one we want who is the right age and profile' type move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.