Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Real Madrid would love him to replace Modric... and on cut price deal or free you can bet they'd be all over it.
Being that hard working skillful player who can make space for others like none of their current midfielders can except Modric, or even slow the game down when needed if things are getting hectic in the middle, he'll be the perfect Yang to the youngsters they've recently signed in midfield.

By the summer Modric will need properly replacing even if he's slowly phased out next season, even if Bernardo stays another year here (however unlikely that is) then he'll be available for free, both Modric and Kroos will probably be gone by then and Real will need to replace both.
Those kids they've signed are grafters sure but Real will need a bit more technical quality in the middle of the park as well, personality I think Bernardo makes sense for them and their style whether or not it happens.

Obviously I'd prefer he stayed here if they're just out of context comments but he needs to stop giving these daft interviews, if he's off then he has his own personal reasons which can be understood, whatever his decision I'll wish him well as long as he does shite whenever he returns with another team haha.

fair point mate, especially as you say modric and kroos getting on now.

I actually think Real Madrid would love him to replace Modric... and on cut price deal or free you can bet they'd be all over it.
Being that hard working skillful player who can make space for others like none of their current midfielders can except Modric, or even slow the game down when needed if things are getting hectic in the middle, he'll be the perfect Yang to the youngsters they've recently signed in midfield.

By the summer Modric will need properly replacing even if he's slowly phased out next season, even if Bernardo stays another year here (however unlikely that is) then he'll be available for free, both Modric and Kroos will probably be gone by then and Real will need to replace both.
Those kids they've signed are grafters sure but Real will need a bit more technical quality in the middle of the park as well, personality I think Bernardo makes sense for them and their style whether or not it happens.

Obviously I'd prefer he stayed here if they're just out of context comments but he needs to stop giving these daft interviews, if he's off then he has his own personal reasons which can be understood, whatever his decision I'll wish him well as long as he does shite whenever he returns with another team haha.

Some good points in there mate, and whilst you can undoubtedly look at a midfield three of Valverde, Tchouamemi and Camavinga as a very well balanced core with potentially years of playing together ahead of them - an older head with a bit more guile and technicality to fill the Modric role would make a lot of sense.

I can see that type of player making way more sense than Bellingham, as with him you’d then have four exceptional young central midfielders wanting to play every game - which just doesn’t fit.

An older head more accepting of rotation would be a far more rational move. But this is Madrid we’re talking about, and when has sense ever got in the way of buying the next shiny new toy!

Not sure they’d necessarily go for Bernardo given how open him and his gf were about being in love with Barca last summer, but plenty of way stranger transfers have happened before!

Some good points in there mate, and whilst you can undoubtedly look at a midfield three of Valverde, Tchouamemi and Camavinga as a very well balanced core with potentially years of playing together ahead of them - an older head with a bit more guile and technicality to fill the Modric role would make a lot of sense.

I can see that type of player making way more sense than Bellingham, as with him you’d then have four exceptional young central midfielders wanting to play every game - which just doesn’t fit.

An older head more accepting of rotation would be a far more rational move. But this is Madrid we’re talking about, and when has sense ever got in the way of buying the next shiny new toy!

Not sure they’d necessarily go for Bernardo given how open him and his gf were about being in love with Barca last summer, but plenty of way stranger transfers have happened before!

Cheers just think it makes sense once Modric and Kroos move on, one to be replaced more technical type (possibly Bernardo) and the other a ball playing midfielder.

Wouldn't be the first time either that a player has stated a preference for Barca only to end up at Real and vice versa, even Modric desperately wanted to be a Barca player he kept really hoping for that move.

They don't usually do things sensibly Real you're right there but I think all foreign sides know it's starting to hit home, they just can't compete with Premier League money without being a bit smarter, and Real had a disaster window a few years back so lately they've made cutbacks, even when they've been spending big it's also been a bit of a prospect hunt they've been profiling their players recently, not too dissimilar to the way we do things normally because they don't want to have to deal with bidding wars, none of their recent dealings have been classic galactico-esque signings but more out of the blue as they're saving up, they've gone for kids which is extremely unusual to their normal behaviour in the market.

Despite splashing a good amount Tchouameni and getting Rudiger on a free... They've also sold Casemiro for a lot and moved Bale, Marcelo, Isco plus Jovic away on free transfers, releasing a massive amounts of wages they've cut their cloth accordingly in recent times, they also made a profit on transfer fees this summer, plus Ramos's massive wages were shifted on and they made an even bigger profit last season.

It's all probably building up towards a big move for Mbappe but they'll need to go bargain hunting along with that, much lower fees on other targets or free transfers if they can which defo makes Bernardo.a brilliant option, if for nowt else purely the fact him and Mbappe know each other too it'd go down very well, it all adds up for an even more familiar atmosphere potentially for Mbappe if/when they get him.

We should just come out & announce regardless of Bernardo's constant "I want a new project" interviews, that unless a club matches our valuation, Bernardo will see out his contract at City & leave on a free with our thanks & gratitude... Simples!

I'm fucking sick & tired of hearing Bernardo bellyaching to the media about his desire to leave. Does my fuckin nut in. :-/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.