Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

blue underpants said:
Falastur said:
blue underpants said:
Anybody know when Berts funeral is or has it been held already?

Not sure about this but I have a feeling I saw something saying that his funeral was held the day after he died.
If thats true its very strange, surely his family realised that as a man of Berts standing would have people who wanted to go to pay their respects, its probably true as its never been mentioned anywhere

It's possible, but they may have their own feelings on the matter. I mean, we know that he's going to get some huge tributes paid to him today, and he had the world's media paying their respects for a fortnight after he died. If his family, perhaps, don't like being in the limelight and having cameras shoved in their faces because of their father's fame then they may have decided the best thing to do was to have a private and intimate ceremony of their own and let the fans organise their own plans - which we have done anyway.

I could still be wrong about the whole thing, of course.

[bigimg]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/7/19/1374253136641/bert-trautmann-008.jpg[/bigimg]

Bert was everything brilliant about football. His life story and inparticular his autobiography Steppes to Wembley have filled me with joy being a Blue. When people who seen him play, they radiate fond memories. For me, there are not enough celebrations of this man's life, which says something by the media, clubs (St Helens too) response.

Let Bert's memory shine on.

Bernhard Carl "Bert" Trautmann, OBE (22 October 1923 – 19 July 2013)

Anyone going to the game tonight keep an eye out in Block 111.

1894 group have created a banner for him to be held up with flags in the same colour City played in, in those days. Be nice if people can take pictures during the minutes applause!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.