Best All-English City XI

Big Swifty

Despite all our foreign stars over the years, City have had some decent English players. Whist musing idly yesterday, I came up with a notional City team comprising English players. (I have probably forgotten someone important):

Corrigan

Walker Stones Watson Pardoe

Grealish Barry Foden

Bell

Lee Sterling

Subs: Coton, Doyle, Booth, SWP, Buzzer

Of that XI, ten were internationals - and Pardoe could well have been if Best hasn't committed that assault.

Despite all our foreign stars over the years, City have had some decent English players. Whist musing idly yesterday, I came up with a notional City team comprising English players. (I have probably forgotten someone important):

Corrigan

Grealish Barry Foden

Bell

ILee Sterling

Of that XI, ten were internationals - and Pardoe could well have been if Best hasn't committed that assault.
I could not get passed the keeper, Corrigan over Frank Swift

Corrigan

Grealish Barry Foden

Bell

Lee Sterling

No mention of the guy that walks on water

Always going to be quite subjective this one.
The older fans who saw the great late 60s early 70s team will have a different opinion on the younger ones who've grown up on the great teams of the last decade.
Those who started supporting City after the Mercer/Allison years and were regulars in the 80s/90s probably can't resist putting in some real 'jokers'. (the cynicism helped in those days!!)
A Chris Jones or a Ged Brannan or Kevin Langley (had to google his first name to be fair) or Robert bloody Hopkins, the list is endless.
Being serious though (maybe this is era/age related)I would certainly give Dennis Tueart a place on the bench at least.

One of the best English players of the last 20 years is definitely SWP.
'Shauny Wright Wright Wright' was part of the Keegan promotion team and played his part in the initial years after the take over before the trophies really 'kicked in'. Without doubt also our outstanding player of the first couple of years at COMS (as it was).
Certainly I'm not the first person to say this but would have loved it (really loved it!) to have seen him in a Pep City team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.