Best headed goal by a City player...

jimbopm said:
Dzeko's second against Spurs.

It's the best header I've seen by anyone, to get the ball in that corner from the position he was, wow!
The move was something to behold as well.

[video]http://youtu.be/-_mY8YtVTNs?t=1m34s[/video]

as i said before the best for me was Dave Watson V Ipswitch but the one for absurlute pleasure was Andy Hinchcliffe V the rags

I can guarantee no other BM person saw this, or even knows what I'm talking about. Gary might know of it.

Nov 15th 1947. City v Charlton, Div One. Charlton had a keeper called Sam Bartram, good player, bit of a nutter, a bit like Grobbelaar. A ball was put through the Charlton defence, and it became a race between Sam and City forward Andy Black to get there first. Outside his area, so he couldn't handle it, Bartram booted the ball straight at the onrushing Black, it him him smack on the forehead, flew back over Bartram and dropped into the empty net from about 35 yards out. I was there!!

If it had been recorded on TV, it'd be a cert for "What happened next?". It wwas a total freak, talked about for years. Andy Black later kept a pub at Moss Nook called the Tatton Arms (is it still going?) and there was a press cutting of a cartoon showing the event pinned up at the bar.

Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Samaras on his debut (against Charlton?).

I thought we had signed a beast. Turned out to be a dancing plant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.