best last game of the season

greeny 68 said:
Carlton home we won 5-1 mid 80,s

Agreed. Perfect day.

Can we ever get such a crowd at the Etihad now with the expansion. More people there then official records I was sure.

one that sprang to mind as soon as I saw the title was the martyn margetson nightmare match,he was fucking shocking if my memory serves me right we lost 5-2 to everton and he got subbed of at half time , great days :)

without looking can anybody tell me if that is correct and what was the year :)

who was it we beat 5-0 on the last day of the promotion season under Keegan? Was it Barnsley? Sunny day, we were already promoted and it was Pierce's last game. He missed a penalty which would have been his 100th career goal, and he was taking the piss out if himself during the lap of honour. I've never seen it since to be honest, but I'm sure that their keeper (Dave Beasant?) told him which way he was going to dive yet saved it "accidentally".

That was a great, relaxed last day. Everyone on the beer and celebrating in the pubs all night.

One of my best last games of the season was 2003-2004 season .
It was a dire season a part from beating United 4-1 .
But we saved our best to the last game against Everton .
It was a nice 5-1 win .
And we left Rooney with a right frown on his face, for his last game for Everton .

sir peace frog said:
one that sprang to mind as soon as I saw the title was the martyn margetson nightmare match,he was fucking shocking if my memory serves me right we lost 5-2 to everton and he got subbed of at half time , great days :)

End of the 92/93 season. Sam Ellis had fully worked his magic by then and the more seasoned observers in the crowd could see that we were seriously on the slide. As a 12 year old I assumed it was a mere blip.

willipp said:
Apart from the obvious ones like Blackburn away, my favourite was Sunderland when we sent them down. The atmosphere was brilliant considering we had nothing to play for and we sent them down. Considering the outcome it was quite friendly from what i remember and they brought a shed load with them. Always loved the Kippax when the old platt lane was full and the standing next to our part of the Kippax was full.

Although I was on the receiving end that day, it is by far the best last day of the season I have ever attended....
Amazing atmosphere, great game, we lost, friendly afterwards...in fact me and my mates drank around Manchester that night and City fans bought us drinks all night....

Stockport mackem said:
willipp said:
Apart from the obvious ones like Blackburn away, my favourite was Sunderland when we sent them down. The atmosphere was brilliant considering we had nothing to play for and we sent them down. Considering the outcome it was quite friendly from what i remember and they brought a shed load with them. Always loved the Kippax when the old platt lane was full and the standing next to our part of the Kippax was full.

Although I was on the receiving end that day, it is by far the best last day of the season I have ever attended....
Amazing atmosphere, great game, we lost, friendly afterwards...in fact me and my mates drank around Manchester that night and City fans bought us drinks all night....

I was delighted for Sunderland the other night. Best opposition fans I've ever come across at Wembley.

Didsbury Dave said:
who was it we beat 5-0 on the last day of the promotion season under Keegan? Was it Barnsley? Sunny day, we were already promoted and it was Pierce's last game. He missed a penalty which would have been his 100th career goal, and he was taking the piss out if himself during the lap of honour. I've never seen it since to be honest, but I'm sure that their keeper (Dave Beasant?) told him which way he was going to dive yet saved it "accidentally".

That was a great, relaxed last day. Everyone on the beer and celebrating in the pubs all night.

I'm sure it was Portsmouth? Pearce was told where to put it and he put it wide!

pace89 said:
sir peace frog said:

End of the 92/93 season. Sam Ellis had fully worked his magic by then and the more seasoned observers in the crowd could see that we were seriously on the slide. As a 12 year old I assumed it was a mere blip.
Yep Me and me mate were tripping our tits off and they played in an awful orange kit.mind bending.think peter beagrie played for them then and did a load of somersaults in slow motion like the bionic man.Them were the days.

sheikmedick said:
pace89 said:
sir peace frog said:

Yep Me and me mate were tripping our tits off and they played in an awful orange kit.mind bending.think peter beagrie played for them then and did a load of somersaults in slow motion like the bionic man.Them were the days.

If I remember correctly, Coton was named on the team sheet, but Ellis had a punch up with him in the changing room so Coton refused to play
Hence Margetson played, was woeful and subbed at HT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.