Best player ever in the Premier League?

I’m not going to say that Kevin is the best Premier League player ever, but he certainly has to be in the reckoning.

As others have said, not only is he brilliant with the ball at his feet, he’s also very aggressive in trying to win it back, when we are out of possession.

If I had to pick one moment that exemplifies what a phenomenal player he is, it would be how he managed to reach the ball, ahead of Villa's defenders in the build up to Gundog's second goal on 22/5/22.

The ground he covered to reach it first is almost unbelievable, and then to put in the cross that he did for Silky's tap-in was outstanding.

Merlin was superb and it was a privilege to watch him live every other week, and sometimes more often. He was a consummate professional, and a very unassuming guy. He glided across the pitch with an elegance rarely seen in English football.

His control of the ball was beautiful to watch and the 360 degree turns that he occasionally did were wonderful, as he almost invariably emerged with the ball.

But it was his through balls to his wingers that I loved most about him. The pass between the fullback and the right centre back for Leroy, or whoever it was, to run on to.

Yaya was a monster in Blue. He could do almost anything. Those surging runs from midfield, the superb free-kicks and the spotless penalty record.

We haven’t half been spoilt over the last decade and a half.

Favourite is Dave but that’s just personal preference.
Hard to argue against Kev when you look at his stats.
Haaland will be clear by time he leaves these shores.
I’m biased though and won’t entertain any other clubs players being in the mix. :-)

Zola was a personal favourite.

De Bruyne edges Silva for me for the goals he’s scored.

I have an inkling Haaland won’t be at the club long enough to cement legend status.

Impossible to choose but my 5 non city players in the mix would be Zola, Henry, Kane, Vieira & Shearer, & Henry would probably top that list,
5 city players in the mix Sergio, Yaya, Kdb, Silva & Rodri & I think Kdb has to top that list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.