Best transfers ever

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
In this post 2008 era it is without doubt

Adebayor! Seriously. I never saw it coming. Came home from work and there he was on SSN wearing a City shirt and smiling his big daft smile. Couldn't believe after getting Tevez from United we had also got Arsenals "star striker"
Logged on here and there was some mixed reception but overall IIRC a collective hoping/belief Leslie might be getting things right.

Still, we live and learn.

emmanuel-adebayor-man-city-football-news.jpg

article-1208316-06251D87000005DC-263_468x302.jpg

emmanuel_adebayor_1484672c.jpg

That was a mad day when he signed.
If I'm not mistaken city had that pre season game against Orlando pirates in South America on the big screen in the east stand car park?
After the game had finished lots of people heard news that adebayor was on his way to the ground. And people waited outside the main entrance for his arrival. Strange day that.

For the most deadline day excitement it has to be the man who started it all... Robinho (woah)

Tevez was the most exciting one for me.

Obviously the whole Robinho experience was more, but that had more to do with getting taken over than just the signing.

Robinho. Not just the signing but the whole day, logging on the computer that morning to find we'd been taken over by one of the richest men on earth and having a bid for Berbatov accepted, seeing the vermin almost literally shiting themselves over it culminating in Robinho signing around midnight. There will never be a deadline day like it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.