best video game of all time?

madcitehfan said:
AntiUnited said:
Halo revolutionized the way u play Console fps games Gold standard. Half life , CS, and quake is the gold standard in how u play fps games on the pc.

I like this guy :D

u can make the case golden eye had a big say. but tbh Halo outdid it and some more. Nothing will ever come close to Counter Strike though its a masterpiece.

madcitehfan said:
unique said:
madcitehfan said:
The first Halo. Defined a generation of FPS games and the universe is incredible. I've played all the games and have started reading the books now. Unbeatable.
halo was crap mate.and why do you have that name.shamefull.

Up yours hippy! The people here love my name, and tell me often.
i will not tollerate abuse from rags like you my freind.

GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie.

Pokemon.

Vice City, San Andreas, Shadow of Colossus, Gran Turismo, PES 6.

Halo 3, Gears of War, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Little Big Planet, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield 3.

Some of my favourites that I have played. It's a great time to own a PS3 now because I can get some great games for dirt cheap second hand and PS+ is letting me play games like Infamous and Red Dead Redemption.

I realise I am missing a lot of great games but I'm not including a lot like Windwaker, Twilight Princess etc because we could be here all day!

Dirty Harry said:
mcfc2607 said:
madcitehfan said:
Out in 2001, well ahead of the curve. Yes it did.
goldeneye for n64

This, I was there, witnessed the furore and impact first hand (and as an adult I might add, not as some shitty arse kid ;-) )

Halo was a very good game but Goldeneye was better, especially multiplayer.

Did no one rate Dragon quest, journey of the cursed king? i thought it was on a par with FFv11

BimboBob said:
Dirty Harry said:
mcfc2607 said:
goldeneye for n64

This, I was there, witnessed the furore and impact first hand (and as an adult I might add, not as some shitty arse kid ;-) )

Halo was a very good game but Goldeneye was better, especially multiplayer.

I think if we're being specific, it's hard to group Halo and Goldeneye in the same pen because they were completely different consoles and had rather different reasons for their success.

To chart a history of the FPS with defining games you could say something like:

Generation I - Wolfenstein/Doom - established the genre.
Generation II - Goldeneye - brought the genre to the mass market with multiplayer
Generation III - Halo - put the FPS online, and defined the modern FPS
Generation IV - CoD/Battlefield - brought in a new level of realism and fanaticism

I am no lover of FPSs, they really aren't my cup of tea, but the development has gone through a very long process and it'd be difficult to say any one game was the best. I've played all of the above with mates, and they're all fun experiences for different reasons.

On a side note, has anybody mentioned Contra yet? I feel Contra should get a mention. They don't make games as brutally difficult as that any more. Same with Castlevania, I still have nightmares about fighting Fleaman and Frankenstein.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.