Better street lighting and plain-clothes police in pubs - Johnson’s plan to protect women

mr t

I can’t help thinking that more uniformed officers on the streets would be far more effective and provide a visible deterrent to potential ‘predatory’ offenders.

What does everybody else think?

I can’t help thinking that more uniformed officers on the streets would be far more effective and provide a visible deterrent to potential ‘predatory’ offenders.

What does everybody else think?
More uniformed officers on the streets would probably solve many ills, but sadly that ship has sailed.

Street lighting will have little impact on young men being stabbed in broad daylight, or women being attacked in parks during the day, plus it’ll have an impact against the carbon footprint that they’re saying they want to get down to zero. It’s just another ill thought out idea.
I think it can help. We had an 'upgrade' from the old dim orange streetlights to the new (led?) ones that cast a much brighter light and have noticeably fewer knobheads lurking in the shadows. Less shadows - less knobheads.

What exactly are these plain clothes officers going to do?
It is not an offence to mither women in a pub so how can they intervene?
It won't stop attacks on them either, yet again a stupid knee jerk reaction by idiot politicians.
Oh and I'm a Conservative voter

What exactly are these plain clothes officers going to do?
It is not an offence to mither women in a pub so how can they intervene?
It won't stop attacks on them either, yet again a stupid knee jerk reaction by idiot politicians.
Oh and I'm a Conservative voter
Ludicrous proposal which is evidence of basic thinking. Plain clothes cops in pubs is fraught with risk and will lead to far more problems than it will ever solve. Every unfamiliar bloke who goes into a local pub will be hounded

A drop in the ocean - he will come up with whatever plays best in The Fail rather than try and address the issue properly.

My grandaughter is a sporty young teenager, big blue and plays football for a decent girls team. She tells me she can't go for a run without being harassed, so has stopped. We have a big big problem here.

How am I supposed to sniff keys of ProPlus and lidocaine in the toilet now without knowing if plain clothes police are around?!
Are they not the ones snorting it with you already. I have mates who are met officers and they are worse than anyone on a night out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.