Bicycles from your childhood

I used to ride my older brother's drop handlebar Sun that he bought at Horners on Ayres Road, which was round the corner from the Duerr's and Vimto factories.

My first bike was one that I built myself from scrap parts, like all of us council house kids had to do back in the early 60's

1708385363883.pngfirst bike was a Tomahawk, went all over the place with it, really dangerous going down steep hills!

I wanted a Raleigh Chopper so badly, that gear lever on the crossbar was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I had to make do with a Chipper, no gears.
Any bike meant freedom so I would never have complained, we went everywhere on our bikes and had a great childhood, but there was always a tinge of jealousy every time I saw a Chopper :-) IMG_5197.jpeg

The_first_bicycles-_39_x_24_Star_Bicycle-1024x768.jpg

I wanted a Raleigh Chopper so badly, that gear lever on the crossbar was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I had to make do with a Chipper, no gears.
Any bike meant freedom so I would never have complained, we went everywhere on our bikes and had a great childhood, but there was always a tinge of jealousy every time I saw a Chopper :-) View attachment 107588
I really wanted a Chopper problem was my Mam and Dad never had the money so never got one. Does anyone remember the Chipper the little brother of the Chopper?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.