Biggest Derby Games

CheesySmoker

Where would you say the Manchester derby ranked in terms of worldwide fame? Every 'genuine' scum fan I talk to would always say losing to city always hurt more than liverpool and so the manchester derby was always bigger for them.

Derby games have definately intensified over the last couple of years because we are now challenging for silverware etc.

Top derbys that spring to mind include:

1. AC vs Inter
2. Celtic vs Rangers
3. Manchester Derby
4. Fenerbache vs Galatasary

Either way, I bet there will be a pretty big worldwide audience watching on saturday ;)...

CheesySmoker said:
Where would you say the Manchester derby ranked in terms of worldwide fame? Every 'genuine' scum fan I talk to would always say losing to city always hurt more than liverpool and so the manchester derby was always bigger for them.

Derby games have definately intensified over the last couple of years because we are now challenging for silverware etc.

1. AC vs Inter
2. Celtic vs Rangers
3. Manchester Derby

Either way, I bet there will be a pretty big worldwide audience watching tomorrow...

Barca/madrid too

i know we all think the Manchester/salford derby is the biggest in England but i wonder if other fans ie geordies,cockerneys,brummies think there derbies are bigger

The Fixer said:
CheesySmoker said:

1. AC vs Inter
2. Celtic vs Rangers
3. Manchester Derby

Either way, I bet there will be a pretty big worldwide audience watching tomorrow...

Barca/madrid too

I would have given that a mention but its not really a 'true' derby, just the best teams in the division playing eachother

bluemoon27 said:
i know we all think the Manchester/salford derby is the biggest in England but i wonder if other fans ie geordies,cockerneys,brummies think there derbies are bigger

I would say after the mancs its the scousers and the north london derbys

I'd say our derby is the biggest in the UK.

it's being played out with 2 teams, one who has won alot and one who hasn't for a long time.

makes it more interesting, even more so now were getting 'noisy'.

10.Goater_Legend said:
1) Barca/Real
2) Inter/AC
3) Celtic/Rangers
4) Lazio/Roma
5) City/United

In my view Barca-Real isn't a derby in the true sense, as both are miles apart. Barcelona's real derby is with Espanyol, and Real's with Athletico.

Unknown_Genius said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
1) Barca/Real
2) Inter/AC
3) Celtic/Rangers
4) Lazio/Roma
5) City/United

In my view Barca-Real isn't a derby in the true sense, as both are miles apart. Barcelona's real derby is with Espanyol, and Real's with Athletico.
True I see where you're coming from, they consider each other there derby though and there's a lot history between the two such as Franco etc, which is why I put it at number 1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.