Biggest Political Mistake

I would have gone for Thatcher being voted in, but that was a mistake on behalf of the electorate.

slightly away from the point but people talking bout the nazis etc. after ww1 they were flat broke with a treaty that limited them in international scope. i'm just curious how i have never once heard the question asked. how did they go from having to carry their money in wheelbarrows due to hyperinflation to become the most destructive military force in europe in less than 20 years?

I've a damn good idea why but i have never heard it said, just curious what people think

i don't believe politicians make "mistakes" they are far too cold and calculating

stony said:
In all seriousness it has to be the Treaty of Versailles. It was so unfair and unduly harsh on the Germans it caused widespread resentment in Germany which in turn allowed a certain Adolph Hitler gain power.
You know the rest, WW2, the holocaust and the aftermath of WW2 which saw Britain's role as a world power end and the rise of America as a superpower.
We've been taking it up the arse ever since.

That was probably the fault of the French who wanted to destroy Germany. Lloyd George was much more lenient with them.

Another candidate for worst mistake could be Churchill for his role in returning Britain to the Gold Standard.

Phill said:
BTH said:
I would have gone for Thatcher being voted in, but that was a mistake on behalf of the electorate.

I thought your entry to this thread would have been the residents of St Mary's ward rejecting your good self to be their local councillor ;)

Yes Phil, coming from someone who's never actually stood for anything apart from - ironically - your deluded Safe Standing nonsense when you were fronting it for the rags (IMUSA, as I recall) that's pretty good. And from someone who hasn't got the balls to even stand up for himself without crying wolf, it's even better. It's such a shame. I wouldn't expect you to understand much about local politics here, but when you were trawling through Google, you clearly missed out that Prestwich was solid LidDem with nine out of nine seats this time last year and therefore an unlikely win on my first outing. Or maybe you're just an aspirational, if lightweight, LibDem yourself these days? Which wouldn't surprise me TBH.

It's been a long time, but just how long will I need to keep putting you in the picture?

P.S. I'd work on spelling your Christian correctly rather than pretentiously if I were you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.