Bit of trouble at England U18s tonight

robsta

Can you believe it !! Trouble at an U18 game. Nothing major but still.

My lad text me today asking if he could go to the England U18 game with his mates. It might sound soft to some but he's always gone to games with me so bit of a first him going on his own. But no problem, ok by me. My wife was more concerned and I had to say "look it's only an U18 game, there won't be any trouble or anything".

I go to pick him up after the game, a bit away from the ground and there's Police all over the place, some in riot gear, dog handlers trying to round up a mob of lads. Couldn't believe it and then I find out they were playing Poland (why didn't I think to check) and the Poles had kicked off, having a go at the Police.

One of those times when you say "just tell your Mum you had a good time and no need to mention the rest" :-)

281ftbc.jpg

just looked online and found this

To be fair the English fans aren't even looking their way.

Maybe the Poles should have been more respectful in this country we welcome them in.

Or we send the Germans back in.

dazdon said:
To be fair the English fans aren't even looking their way.

Maybe the Poles should have been more respectful in this country we welcome them in.

Or we send the Germans back in.

I know the photo has been removed but re the comment about the English fans aren't even looking at them. The English fans that were there were your typical U18/schoolboys match crowd, i.e. Dad and lads, families, schools and football teams. As you'd expect it wasn't full off wanna be hooligans looking for a scrap with the Polish.

It was all about the behaviour of the Poles in and outside the ground and it seems Crewe were just not geared up for them coming. They only opened one stand so all fans (6100 approx) were in the one stand that holds 6900. The Poles were letting off flares, loads had taken bottles in - not saying they were using them other than to drink from but still illegal and I suppose a fear of them throwing them.

Outside it appears they were throwing flares at the Police and one landed near a car that set alight (didn't see that myself but a few reports of it). And it seems a lot of Poles were not from the Crewe area but were being rounded up to get them on their train back to wherever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.