Blue Moon Top 100 Bands Artists - Full List of Artists (pg 287)

Yep, LG&M is mine and one of my favo(u)rite tunes ever -- I love the lyrics. Zevon was unique. His last record when he knew he was dying is wonderful. I haven't seen the film about it but I should. Gone too soon.
Yep, one of mine too.i always say to the Mrs if I’m not back you know what to do
and she replies send LG & M lol

Yeah, Lawyers, Guns and Money is a great song. His version of Knocking on Heaven's Door from the last album still chokes me up when I hear it.
Yep that last album gets me everytime,if you haven’t seen it watch the documentary,it’s typically Zevon‘s black humour.He’s being interviewed by Letterman who asks him if he has any advice for someone dying of cancer and WZ replies ‘enjoy every
sandwhich’ .Hence the title of the tribute album which is also very good.

Some good stuff in there but I've given you a like for listing one of my very favourite bands, The Damned. Dave Vanian is such a brilliant but very underrated lead singer, probably because they were never a mainstream band.
The Damned narrowly missed out on my 15. Their Black Album is one of my all-time favourites.

Yep, LG&M is mine and one of my favo(u)rite tunes ever -- I love the lyrics. Zevon was unique. His last record when he knew he was dying is wonderful. I haven't seen the film about it but I should. Gone too soon.

It was a cover of LG&M by Derringer that brought me to Zevon. I do have 8 of his albums but not seen that film, so I probably should. Did see him in concert; didn't realise he wouldn't have a band with him but he was very good.

When and where did you see him mate?
It was a cover of LG&M by Derringer that brought me to Zevon. I do have 8 of his albums but not seen that film, so I probably should. Did see him in concert; didn't realise he wouldn't have a band with him but he was very good.

Some good stuff in there but I've given you a like for listing one of my very favourite bands, The Damned. Dave Vanian is such a brilliant but very underrated lead singer, probably because they were never a mainstream band.
I love Vanian as a singer - extremely underrated. Funny thing is that I think he was picked by the band because he was a regular at their early shows and the members at the time thought he looked like a Vampire.

Curious list. In the top 10 I don't recognize some artists and couldn't name a single song for some others.

Taste in music though is deeply personal - and as an over-50, overseas fan, my taste is bound to misfit most Bluemooners - glad to see the Beatles at 1 though.

Wings at 332? Have we forgotten:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.