Blue pubs in Manchester

blue_paul

After reading the thread about some poor mans seeing his local go into extinction, it got me thinking about blue pubs in Manchester. Let's make a definitive list, I'll start us off:

The George and Dragon- Cheadle
The Griffin - Heald Green

Feel free to add your own......

My City mate is always tellin' me that his pub .. The Cornishman in Wythenshawe .. is a City pub.

Have just read an independent review on the place ....

"Plesant pub for families and Plane spotters.
The real locals go in the Vault,pool table & TV for football. A lot more more City fans go in than United "

My ex boss (a rag) was always moaning that his local watering hole in Firswood (a club) , not sure of its name , was full of blues , it pissed him off ...... the place was only about a mile or so from the Swamp!

Griffin Hotel , Heaton Mersey.

Extract ......

'A fantastic boozer than serves a wonderful pint at a wonderful price. Within walking distance from Kingsway (good bus routes) this delightful pub oozes character and style with a variety of features including it's monuments to Manchester City FC'.

blue_paul said:
After reading the thread about some poor mans seeing his local go into extinction, it got me thinking about blue pubs in Manchester. Let's make a definitive list, I'll start us off:

The George and Dragon- Cheadle
The Griffin - Heald Green

Feel free to add your own......

The George isn't as much a blue pub since Tommy left....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.