Blue Screen Of Death

JoeMercer'sWay

PM if interested in starting fan kit consultation
any computer wizards understand what's up with my laptop from this...

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000096, 0xFFFFF8000305900A, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Physical memory dump FAILED with status 0xC000009C.

Laptop will let me enter my security password but won't load the home screen properly, it's just the mouse and a black screen, then it'll crash after a few minutes, in safe mode it seems to work but it wont let me restore to factory settings.

and I just finish typing it dies.

If it works in safe mode, then you seemingly have a hope. The error that you posted means that there was a problem when loading in kernel mode. This pretty much always means a hardware problem.

You should take out any hardware that you have recently installed and try again. Motherboards are easy to work with so trial and error wont take too long.

If this happens and you still haven't fixed it then you need a reinstall.

I get that sometimes, i'll be using the laptop and all of a sudden it just hangs for about 5 seconds, then the blue screen comes on with "memory dump" countdown, then it restarts. Pretty sure it's a RAM problem, but can't be arsed sortin it out as it only happens every few weeks.

Try a system restore if you can.

Most of the time its an issue with drivers.

Have you recently installed any new hardware??

As previous poster stated, if you are worried, boot it up in safe mode and see how you get on.

Update your drivers and you should be fine.

Damocles said:
If it works in safe mode, then you seemingly have a hope. The error that you posted means that there was a problem when loading in kernel mode. This pretty much always means a hardware problem.

You should take out any hardware that you have recently installed and try again. Motherboards are easy to work with so trial and error wont take too long.

I haven't installed anything recently, I've always just used it for basic things(work, steam, internet). It failed when I tried to restore an older file in place of a newer one, and the whole thing just failed.

All I know is I can't restore it to factory state in safe mode as the button won't work, but all the stuff comes up as normal.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:

I haven't installed anything recently, I've always just used it for basic things(work, steam, internet). It failed when I tried to restore an older file in place of a newer one, and the whole thing just failed.

All I know is I can't restore it to factory state in safe mode as the button won't work, but all the stuff comes up as normal.

Were you trying to restore a windows system file? Sounds like you have corrupted the o/s trying to restore an old file. This should be easily fixed by doing a system restore to a previous checkpoint (before you tried to restore the file) This can be done in safe mode via the systems tab. If you have a oem build you should be able to do a complete system restore back to manufacture build from the boot menu.

If you can't use Last Known Good Configuration, then you could visit the Microsoft Knowledge Base and type in your error code to see if there is any information about it there.

do a CHKDSC /F /R and run as administrator. Failing that, do a youtube search and there'll be some geek with a step-by-step way showing you waht's what and how to get through it. Good luck! By the way, I'm no expert but kept getting a KERNELDATAINPAGERROR blue screen of death and that's what I did and so far it's kind of ok.

download and install bluescreenview in safemode with networking if possible.
run the program to find out what is causing the BSOD.
you may have to download it on another pc and put it on a flashdrive or CD then install once you boot into safemode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.