Bluemoon Angling Thread

Beautiful evening amidst the storms last night. Popped out for a short 4 hour session on the Avon and the bream were on it from the start. Had 6 between 3.75 and 4.5lbs. Not a soul on the banks. All being well, I'm off to Ireland on Sunday for a couple of weeks fighting with my brolly.View attachment 22163
Hi, NN Im up and down the M5 quite often ,my daughter living in Bristol. Whats with the length of the Warickshire that passes under the motorway between juncs 8 and 9. Looks superb but only on very rare occasions do I see cars parked in the field down towards the church and never above the Mway. Always a mystery to me.

Beautiful evening amidst the storms last night. Popped out for a short 4 hour session on the Avon and the bream were on it from the start. Had 6 between 3.75 and 4.5lbs. Not a soul on the banks. All being well, I'm off to Ireland on Sunday for a couple of weeks fighting with my brolly.View attachment 22163
Stormy sultry English summer evenings are my absolute favourite times to fish. When it's calm and humid and expectant and you can maybe hear thunder in the distance.

Stormy sultry English summer evenings are my absolute favourite times to fish. When it's calm and humid and expectant and you can maybe hear thunder in the distance.

Yes absolutely, there was a storm circling around me with boiling cumulus cloud and I could see the lightning and hear the thunder coming out of it. As I sat there it reminded me of that bit in "Casting at the Sun", when CY describes the sky as being "blue-black over Ross"

Hi, NN Im up and down the M5 quite often ,my daughter living in Bristol. Whats with the length of the Warickshire that passes under the motorway between juncs 8 and 9. Looks superb but only on very rare occasions do I see cars parked in the field down towards the church and never above the Mway. Always a mystery to me.

Sorry, I'm not that up on the rest of the river as I only moved here permanently relatively recently but my experience within 15 miles of my house is that it is extremely beautiful. Moving was the best thing I ever did.

And, in common with so many rivers since the advent of commercials, it is not overly fished. The potential is huge too. I've only just found out how many bream there are in our rivers. The carp and barbel potential for those with more patience than I have must be enormous.

Yes absolutely, there was a storm circling around me with boiling cumulus cloud and I could see the lightning and hear the thunder coming out of it. As I sat there it reminded me of that bit in "Casting at the Sun", when CY describes the sky as being "blue-black over Ross"
"Blue-black over Ross". That's the afternoon before he caught the record. I'm sure I told you I run the Chris Yates Facebook page.

Lovely looking peg. Which part of the Avon is that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.