Bluemoon Angling Thread

Got a cold foggy hour on the local in an attempt to catch a birthday grayling. Wading was cold on the toes and I bumped a few fish using barbless including what felt like a very big one. Made the change to semi barbed and landed two lovely grayling for the camera whilst wading right in there with the centre pin. One probably just under a pound and one maybe a touch over.

A pleasant short session and an interesting hidden little urban spot discovered, dual carriageway and satanic mills as a backdrop.
Any pics Dave? Grayling are beautiful fish.
Oh, and happy birthday btw

Yes, although trout can vary quite a bit. I caught a bunch of Lake Trout out of Yellowstone Lake this summer, without a doubt better than any trout I’d ever eaten before
In my experience over here, lake trout taste a bit earthy, while wild river trout have a more delicate flavour.
Your lakes are probably massive sheets of water compared to ours, with cold clean water that trout love.

In my experience over here, lake trout taste a bit earthy, while wild river trout have a more delicate flavour.
Your lakes are probably massive sheets of water compared to ours, with cold clean water that trout love.
They’re not all like Yellowstone, it’s fairly unique. There’s so much shrimp in the lake the meat is dark orange
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Lake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.