Bluemoon Angling Thread

Keep em coming lads, perfect antidote to the brexit bollox
Nothing special, but fishing the golden mile on the Trent, upstream wind ,struggling to cope, when like something biblical, the level dropped until i could see my lead on the bottom. Wtf .A fuckoff big barge was ploughing upstream and behind it the wake was higher than my peg .Frantic scramble much enjoyed by the bastards on the barge.

Haha. I think I'll have a mooch down there and weigh it up first. Really appreciate your info pal; )
You won’t be disappointed,lovely venue and it screams tench,some good pike as well if that’s of any interest,guy had a couple out in next peg to me yesterday deadbaiting and said there’s some monsters in there!

Live report from The Ribble near Preston:

The river is low, clear and very warm. The weather is bright and sunny. No chance of a fish before dark, but I set up at 7 to give me plenty of chance to get sorted, settled and baited up.

And I had a barbel of 9lb first cast.

Match Report from back in bed.

What a great night’s fishing, on a perfect warm, calm summer evening. I was catching from the off as you can see above. As the sun set, a Little Egret stalked the shallows right in front of me. Then as it got dark, a barn owl appeared and started shreiking all over the river. I was trying to photograph it and the upstream rod screamed off for the first time.

This was a battle and I eventually landed a beautiful, lean, spawned out fish of 10lb 10oz, my first Ribble double for a couple of years. As I lifted the net I looked up and right above the opposite bank a red lunar eclipse rose. It was a lovely moment.

I then lost two barbel on the trot through hook pulls. I fished on and was getting tired. I gave it until 11.30pm and at 11.29pm, with everything packed away, I was away again and playing the fish in darkness. Sod’s law, and I half expected it, the other rod screamed off. All you can do is leave it and net and release the first hooked fish as quickly as possible.

I landed both and they were both smaller fish in the 5-7lb bracket. Time for home, having really enjoyed this trip, because of the 5 barbel but also because of the eclipse rising above me for the whole time.

The water was like bath water tonight, and it was really important to rest all the fish until they recovered, before returning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.