Bluemoon Angling Thread

I was down on the Dane by Danebridge yesterday and it was seriously pushing through.

Indeed. For some reason I find the Severn much easier to fish in flood conditions. Which reminds me of another Noggy No-no. In shit conditions don't decide it's a good time to fish a water you've never seen before.

I do it every Winter. I think it's because in the Summer I like to make the most of every minute so go to familiar venues but in Winter, because I'm snatching a few hours I think it's a good idea to explore. Thing is, it's never the best time to judge a new venue because just about everywhere is hard in Winter and when rivers are in flood it's hard to see the fish-holding features that might apply in Summer.

Went to Underbank reservoir near Barnsley today with a mate to do some piking. Fished all day on float legered deadbaits. 3 rods out without so much as an enquiry. Lovely surroundings though and I feel better for going. I may go again tomorrow on either Lymn dam, Hollingworth lake or Foulridge Res.

Went to Underbank reservoir near Barnsley today with a mate to do some piking. Fished all day on float legered deadbaits. 3 rods out without so much as an enquiry. Lovely surroundings though and I feel better for going. I may go again tomorrow on either Lymn dam, Hollingworth lake or Foulridge Res.
Bet you were fucking freezing? I'm thinking of rugging up warm next week and going to a stretch of the grand union that's got next to fuck all in it. Under-shotted waggler, 3lb straight through to a size 14 and corn to make sure I don't get pestered by any fish. Flask of tea and some good gloves. Four hours of piece and quiet and won't even have to set up the landing net or recast. Bliss.

Bet you were fucking freezing? I'm thinking of rugging up warm next week and going to a stretch of the grand union that's got next to fuck all in it. Under-shotted waggler, 3lb straight through to a size 14 and corn to make sure I don't get pestered by any fish. Flask of tea and some good gloves. Four hours of piece and quiet and won't even have to set up the landing net or recast. Bliss.
Was between -2 to 0° all day mate but I was wrapped up well. If you remember a while back when peace frog bought that Russian army gear, I bought a Prologic bib brace n' jacket that noggsy recommend. I was like toast. It's excellent blanking clobber : )

Was between -2 to 0° all day mate but I was wrapped up well. If you remember a while back when peace frog bought that Russian army gear, I bought a Prologic bib brace n' jacket that noggsy recommend. I was like toast. It's excellent blanking clobber : )
I thought prologic made freezers for comet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.