Bluemoon Angling Thread

32-BBA2-B1-8-D93-40-F5-9-FA9-3-F513622-A996.jpg

Skunked means didn’t catch
A lot depends on how well your warming shack is set up, I’ve seen people with portable wood burners out there, we just had a little propane heater. Some people will spend all day out there, snow machines and ATV’s buzzing around, even pick up trucks. I’m sure people do fall in, the ice yesterday was about two feet thick so no chance of going through that
What do you do if the fish is bigger than the hole?

That’s a good question, drill the biggest hole you can. I guess you could chip away some ice deposit on the thickness, like I said this shit was at least two feet thick, I guess you’d just have to cut the line
The hole just has to be a little bigger than the circumference of the fish at its widest part. Even a very large (40lb) fish would pass through a hole the size of a dinner plate as long as you have hooked it in the mouth. Just keep winding in until it pokes its head above the ice and then hit it on the head with a big fuck you baseball bat.
I think I should be an ice fishing guide.

Fishing should be banned for cruelty to anglers. Fuck me, I'm struggling at the moment. Been fishing the water where I had the 2lb roach last year and had nothing but 6 or 7-hour blanks. Not even a chewed maggot.

On Sunday we intended to fish the Ribble as we had permission to coarse fish a salmon stretch but it pissed down on Saturday and it was unfishable when we went for a look. So we adjourned and went to look at a nearby lake but the howling gale and driving rain saw us wet and freezing after a biteless couple of hours so we packed up.

Nothing good comes easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.