Bluemoon - Premier League Awards - Results on pg6

Latics Fan SJK

It seems Twitter is inundated with footballer’s posting their picks.

So, Bluemoon, who would you pick in your...

1. PFA Team of the Year
2. PFA Player of the Year
3. PFA Young Player of the Year

PFA Team of the Year

Some controversial picks I’m sure but here’s mine:

GK: Brad Guzan (Despite Villa having a truly diabolical defence who all appear to have just left school, along with Benteke, he’s been their best player by far).
RB: Pablo Zabaleta (Machine this season. Opposite to Rafael in that he’s more defensively solid than offensively dangerous but gets the nod for me. Warrior).
LB: Leighton Baines (No brainer. For a full back, the number of chances he creates his ridiculous. His crossing is insane. If he had lightning pace, he’d be WC).
CB: Ashley Williams (Come on leaps & bounds this season. Tough tackling, puts his body on the line. Will let him off for attempted murder.....).
CB: Matija Nastasic (Great first season and has needed to be with VK out for large parts. Could well be WC in a few years).
CM: Michael Carrick (May not be a popular choice on here but with United’s midfield being decidedly average, behind RVP, he’s been instrumental).
CM: Santi Cazorla (12 goals and 7 assists in 30 games for Arsenal in his opening season. The main reason why Arsenal are still in the hunt for a CL place).
RW: Juan Mata (Chelsea’s best player by some distance. 10 goals and 10 assists in 27 games. Deservedly ahead of David Silva this year for me).
LW: Gareth Bale (No brainer. Not much to be said here).
CF: Luis Suarez (He might be a ****, but he’s a talented ****. Top scorer so far this season. Never seems to get injured. Just a shame he’s a dirty bastard).
CF: Michu (Didn’t expect much from this fella at the beginning of the season. What a bargain at less than £3m. Great season for him).

Special mentions for:

Simon Mignolet & Asmir Begovic – Both had very good seasons, Mignolet despite having a poor defence and Begovic for the first half of the season.
Rafael – United may have conceded a few goals in the first half of the season, but he’s been their best defender for me. Very good going forward too.
RVP – A big reason as to why United are 15pts clear. Form has stagnated a bit recently but his performance in the first 2/3 of the season have been enough
Benteke – Along with Guzan at Villa, he’s the reason why Villa are still in with a shout at survival.

PFA Player of the Year

1. Luis Suarez
2. Gareth Bale (I’m presuming you can vote a young player for both awards?)
3. Juan Mata

PFA Young Player of the Year

1. Gareth Bale – Need I say why?
2. Christian Benteke – Edged above Nastasic on the basis that he’s played the most telling role at his club where it’s harder to do so.
3. Matija Nastasic

Providing people don't go silly and choose City players for every position and vote possible, I will let this go for a week and then post the results on here and see how close we are to the actual awards at the end of the season.

Re: PFA Awards - Bluemoon's vote

hard to argue with any of that tbf.

not sure i'd have carrick in CM though.

i'd have gone with fellaini.

ban-mcfc said:
hard to argue with any of that tbf.

not sure i'd have carrick in CM though.

i'd have gone with fellaini.

Your votes have been counted :-)

As for the Carrick/Fellaini issue - Fellaini crossed my mind at one point also. I went for Carrick though as I feel he's been consistent and has shown to be the one person who United could rely on in Midfield to play well and be consistent with it.

Totally agree with that team, though I wouldn't pick Carrick personally, I agree with the Fellaini shout.

Not too sure about Guzan either, but no other keeper has stood out this season.

Simon Mignolet
Pablo Zabaleta
Leighton Baines
Jan Vertonghen
Matija Nastasic
Juan Mata
Michael Carrick
Santi Cazorla
Gareth Bale
Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

Player of the Season
1. Gareth Bale
2. Luis Suarez
3. Robin Van Persie

Young Player of the Season
1. Matija Nastasic
2. Christian Benteke
3. Eden Hazard

citykev28 said:
Simon Mignolet
Pablo Zabaleta
Leighton Baines
Jan Vertonghen
Matija Nastasic
Juan Mata
Michael Carrick

Gareth Bale
Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

Player of the Season
1. Gareth Bale
2. Luis Suarez
3. Robin Van Persie

Young Player of the Season
1. Matija Nastasic
2. Christian Benteke
3. Eden Hazard

Can't argue with this selection at all, spot on, on all accounts and who I'd have chosen.

Although I expect an Englishman to win the Young Player, someone like Raheem Stirling, as he's got that winning trait, being English.

PFA Team of the Year

Mignolet
Rafael
Williams
Vertonghen
Baines
Mata
Carrick
Santi
Bale
Suarez
van Persie

PFA Player of the Year
Bale
Suarez
van Persie

Young Player of the year
Benteke
Lukaku
Rafael

GK-Asmir Begovic.
RB-Pablo Zabaleta.
CB-Williams or Jonas Olsson.
CB-Matija Nastasic.
LB-Leighton Baines.
CM-Michael Carrick.
CM-Marouane Fellaini.
AM-Juan Mata.
AM-Gareth Bale.
ST-Luis Suarez.
ST-Michu.

Player of the Season-Gareth Bale.
Young Player of the Season-Matija Nastasic.

PFA Team

Guzan (Been great all season for Villa)
Zabaleta
Jan Vertonghen
Nastasic
Bains

Mata
Cazorla
Marouane Fellaini
Bale

Suarez
Michu

PFA Player of the year

Suarez

PFA young player

Benteke

Is Bale eligible for young player of the year? If so, it would be a crime against football if he doesn't get it, despite how good Nasty has been.

Suarez for the 'senior' award though. That guy's ability is insane, shame he's a massive khunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.