Booing our heroes

Lavinda Past said:
Blue Punter said:
On the tram home someone started singing "Feed the Shit and he will score".

I bet the majority of fans on the tram laughed when they heard it. Ilaughed when I read it.

Edin Dzeko is a very average PL player who is a good goalscorer - he doesn't deserve to be booed, but similarly, he doesn't do much to merit fans singing his name.

Only boo rags, ex-rags, and cheats.

Ironically a very average player probably wouldn't be in the top 10 of goals per minutes in the league ever. That's the clearest indication of someone not being average.

Moronic and scandalous to boo any of our players at anytime never mind the fact we are sitting in the top two or three places. Its sad to see and one argue that despite paying for a ticket you cant really be called a proper supporter. I imagine these people to be depressed and angry with life.

I mean I was in the Colin Bell stand at the time and I didn't hear any booing when Garcia or Dzeko got the ball. I just heard frustrating cries to move it forward. We should never boo the players...

Booing our players is really unnecessary unless they disrespect our club or fans. It's easy to get frustrated with some players and their poor attitude that they bring to the table but I'd never boo them unless they give me a valid reason to.

I can understand the frustration with Dzeko but he does score some important goals which is good enough as a backup striker imo.

Unlike most on here, I don't see any difference between boo'ing a player and/or the collective moans and groans that are directed at a couple of players notably Dzeko and Garcia.

Yesterday was an embarrassing example of this, where the frustration of the performance of the 'team' was directed at, in particular, Dzeko.

This is the guy who has scored critical goals for us at critical times in games West Brom, QPR and Real Madrid immediately spring to mind, and has one of the most impressive goal per minute ratio's in the whole league.

I couldn't get recent statistics but the last I found showed he is the 2nd most prolific striker in goals per minute terms in the premier league. Unless I am mistaken or there have been new rules introduced this is the single most important facet of a strikers game. If anything I would think that has only improved this season.

Let's not also forget his prolific scoring record for Bosnia of 33 in 58 games. That must be one of the best scoring records in international football and not with a top top intl team.

Just when will the numpty faction of our support realise that we are not giving Edin the best chance of success. We are driving him away from the club and his performance yesterday was of someone who is lacking confidence and conscious of making a mistake in front of an overly critical crowd just waiting for him to make a mistake. He is not playing with the freedom that a supportive crowd would afford him.

Is it any surprise that he scores most of his goals away from the Etihad ?

For Edin Dzeko read Jerome Boateng, this was another high quality player that just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken is seen not to be contributing to the team. He then goes on to be the mainstay of the Bayern Munich team that wins the European cup. Ycnmiu. We are now doing the same to Edin Dzeko who has scored 50 goals for the club (Rooney only hit 150 after over 10 years at the rags). Edin has scored a third of that in thee seasons and far fewer games in those seasons.

When will people realise that Dzeko is someone who comes alive where it matters, in the box, he is a poacher a classic penalty box player, although his stature belies this fact.

Everyone comes on here and says I never boo a player, no maybe not, but many of you will moan, groan, shout expletives and abuse your own players. Yesterday was a classic case in point, Dzeko misplaces a pass and there is a collective groan alongside many thousands of expletives, Negredo (who I think is fantastic Incidentally) misplaced a couple of passes very badly and not a sound. (Just as it should be)

Collective groans and shouts of abuse are every bit as destructive as boo'ing and is a disgrace and as others have said you can f@ck off to the swamp if you don't want to support the team.

I have absolutely no doubt that were Dzeko to receive the support of the fans we would see a better all round performance as well as the goals.

FFS get off their backs you morons,

As I said before, talk about dzeko or garcia's weaknesses in your pub or on these forums, but booing our players in the stadium, IS NOT ON, it's disgusting, whoever did it is disgrace.

Blue Mooner said:
Unlike most on here, I don't see any difference between boo'ing a player and/or the collective moans and groans that are directed at a couple of players notably Dzeko and Garcia.

Yesterday was an embarrassing example of this, where the frustration of the performance of the 'team' was directed at, in particular, Dzeko.

This is the guy who has scored critical goals for us at critical times in games West Brom, QPR and Real Madrid immediately spring to mind, and has one of the most impressive goal per minute ratio's in the whole league.

I couldn't get recent statistics but the last I found showed he is the 2nd most prolific striker in goals per minute terms in the premier league. Unless I am mistaken or there have been new rules introduced this is the single most important facet of a strikers game. If anything I would think that has only improved this season.

Let's not also forget his prolific scoring record for Bosnia of 33 in 58 games. That must be one of the best scoring records in international football and not with a top top intl team.

Just when will the numpty faction of our support realise that we are not giving Edin the best chance of success. We are driving him away from the club and his performance yesterday was of someone who is lacking confidence and conscious of making a mistake in front of an overly critical crowd just waiting for him to make a mistake. He is not playing with the freedom that a supportive crowd would afford him.

Is it any surprise that he scores most of his goals away from the Etihad ?

For Edin Dzeko read Jerome Boateng, this was another high quality player that just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken is seen not to be contributing to the team. He then goes on to be the mainstay of the Bayern Munich team that wins the European cup. Ycnmiu. We are now doing the same to Edin Dzeko who has scored 50 goals for the club (Rooney only hit 150 after over 10 years at the rags). Edin has scored a third of that in thee seasons and far fewer games in those seasons.

When will people realise that Dzeko is someone who comes alive where it matters, in the box, he is a poacher a classic penalty box player, although his stature belies this fact.

Everyone comes on here and says I never boo a player, no maybe not, but many of you will moan, groan, shout expletives and abuse your own players. Yesterday was a classic case in point, Dzeko misplaces a pass and there is a collective groan alongside many thousands of expletives, Negredo (who I think is fantastic Incidentally) misplaced a couple of passes very badly and not a sound. (Just as it should be)

Collective groans and shouts of abuse are every bit as destructive as boo'ing and is a disgrace and as others have said you can f@ck off to the swamp if you don't want to support the team.

I have absolutely no doubt that were Dzeko to receive the support of the fans we would see a better all round performance as well as the goals.

FFS get off their backs you morons,

POTY.

I think some of our fans have become spoilt, take their tactical knowledge of the game from X-box or playstation, don't realise how lucky we are watching Garcia, Dzeko instead of Brannon, Shinton. Think everyone around them want to listen to them shouting bollocks and moaning, if we've not scored six by half time. And don't realise that it does the majority of peoples fucking heads in who are trying to get behind the team.

Boo the opposition not our players. What is wrong with you ? I dont care if we win by 1 goal or 20. RESPECT thats all I ask for. Mind you 1 weeks worth of any of our players money would set me up nicely!!!!!

Academica said:
Cobwebcat said:
I'm never happy to see Garcia but I would never boo him....there's no point as you say. I've never heard anyone do it at the ground though. Garcia might be greeted with bemused silence but not abuse.

I heard it yesterday, disgusting.

I never heard it, couldn't have been much

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.