Boris Becker: 2.5 year prison sentence

No it isn’t. Robbing a post office is robbery. The key word in that sentence is ‘robbing’. As in the verb, ‘rob’.
Oh don't you come on here with all your smart lawyer stuff. I answered him 6 minutes before you mister £75 an hour. And anyway my mate lived in Wivenshawe an' got done fir robbin' meetuz.

No it isn’t. Robbing a post office is robbery. The key word in that sentence is ‘robbing’. As in the verb, ‘rob’.
Oh ffs I get it. Jesus H. I was making the general fucking point that if you have power you get an easier time and let off more. That’s it, not a boring as fuck exposition of verbs and other dull as fuck shit. Rather than focusing on a pedantic snooze fest try and get the general vibe.

Oh ffs I get it. Jesus H. I was making the general fucking point that if you have power you get an easier time and let off more. That’s it, not a boring as fuck exposition of verbs and other dull as fuck shit. Rather than focusing on a pedantic snooze fest try and get the general vibe.
But your point is conspicuously wrong. Famous people tend to get more serious sentences when handed down by the crown court than those who are not, Adam Johnson being a case in point. I accept it’s rarer for them to be convicted, partly because they can pay for the best legal representation, but once convicted, the notion that they get an easy ride from sentencing judges in the crown court (magistrates are arguably different) is simply and demonstrably wrong. The courts have an instinct to make an example of people in the public eye, to send a message out. Why would a judge give a famous person an easy ride because they were famous? Especially one subject to reduced circumstances? They are at the heart of the establishment and their primary function is to maintain and uphold the rule of law, as well as the status quo. How does giving a bankrupt German tennis player an easy ride when sentencing him accord with that function? It doesn’t make sense.

You or I would have got a similar sentence for this offence. The fact you stated that a ‘normal’ person would get more than the statutory maximum was an utterly shit point, which demonstrates your lack of knowledge around the subject despite your Billy Big Bollocks words.

And to think I was sticking up for you, well I'm not now.
You're so rude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.