Brahim Díaz

Still remember the day City signed him and his first game with the academy in Qatar

Was & still my favorite academy player

Its really annoying seeing him play for my 2nd most hated team

He is the only player to remind me of Bernardo Silva

Last edited:
Sold way to early i think. Been outstanding for RM this season. And even gets better. Use the buyback clause. Been outstanding in game vs Villarreal.

Great talent when here but wasn't sold too early he wanted to join Real Madrid I don't get that kind of narrative here, same when people talk about Palmer moving on another thread they actually both chose to leave us.

We never had a buyback on Diaz either and we couldn't have dug our heels in or he'd have left on a free, we also got a good fee considering his contract length, plus it's better to let a player go if he wants out it's always been the way we operate, it's definitely best to get any unhappy players out quick and we've been fine for it without him.

The only time I’ve ever been ITK is about Diaz - he would never come back after the way he was messed around. The end.

When he left it wasn't on bad terms was it or am I thinking wrong and have you heard different? Remembered the story being that he just wanted to move to Real and that nothing could've possibly changed his mind.

He even gave a classy message just after leaving and it was well received didn't he say that he really loved his time here, he just wanted the move more than anything once that cult club came in for him but even had an anti rag clause inserted in the deal. In my view he had plenty of chances for his age too while here and would've certainly got more, if anything after spending years on loan at Milan he should've actually realised by now, that yes he certainly did have a really good thing and was on was on a similar path towards the first team as Foden.

Pep loved Diaz he was getting more minutes than Phil at one point before he left and I've no doubt Pep would've carried on giving him minutes too, so if Diaz does feel like he was messed about then more fool him at the time as he got more than enough game time, if anything some might say that Brahim Diaz probably got some preferential treatment just for being Spanish.

Although he was and still is incredibly gifted he has some great ability and was always great to watch, I'm not really sure he has progressed quite as well as he should've or at least would've hoped from a personal point of view. Would he still make the grade maybe as a great squad addition potentially but if he still right now feels quite bitter about his time here, especially if it's somehow from having a lack of game or the way he was supposedly treated then all I'll say is he's a fool.

I'm sure that even if there was a bit of ill feeling somehow at the time which I'm surprised by cos Pep absolutely loved him, then by now surely he now looks back on his time here with even more fondness than he originally had.

When you think about it we have let some really good players for small fees now . Diaz , frimpong . Lavia . D luiz even pedro Porro is looking good .

Great talent when here but wasn't sold too early he wanted to join Real Madrid I don't get that kind of narrative here, same when people talk about Palmer moving on another thread they actually both chose to leave us.

We never had a buyback on Diaz either and we couldn't have dug our heels in or he'd have left on a free, we also got a good fee considering his contract length, plus it's better to let a player go if he wants out it's always been the way we operate, it's definitely best to get any unhappy players out quick and we've been fine for it without him.

When he left it wasn't on bad terms was it or am I thinking wrong and have you heard different? Remembered the story being that he just wanted to move to Real and that nothing could've possibly changed his mind.

He even gave a classy message just after leaving and it was well received didn't he say that he really loved his time here, he just wanted the move more than anything once that cult club came in for him but even had an anti rag clause inserted in the deal. In my view he had plenty of chances for his age too while here and would've certainly got more, if anything after spending years on loan at Milan he should've actually realised by now, that yes he certainly did have a really good thing and was on was on a similar path towards the first team as Foden.

Pep loved Diaz he was getting more minutes than Phil at one point before he left and I've no doubt Pep would've carried on giving him minutes too, so if Diaz does feel like he was messed about then more fool him at the time as he got more than enough game time, if anything some might say that Brahim Diaz probably got some preferential treatment just for being Spanish.

Although he was and still is incredibly gifted he has some great ability and was always great to watch, I'm not really sure he has progressed quite as well as he should've or at least would've hoped from a personal point of view. Would he still make the grade maybe as a great squad addition potentially but if he still right now feels quite bitter about his time here, especially if it's somehow from having a lack of game or the way he was supposedly treated then all I'll say is he's a fool.

I'm sure that even if there was a bit of ill feeling somehow at the time which I'm surprised by cos Pep absolutely loved him, then by now surely he now looks back on his time here with even more fondness than he originally had.
He wasn't "messed about" or "left on bad terms", you're replying to a troll without a doubt.

Brahim looked a serious talent in the academy against other kids but against seasoned players he looked more as he was, a greedy player who thought he was better than he was. He would constantly run down blind alleys and just get crowded out until they took the ball off him. If he has stopped doing that now and finally worked out when to release the ball, then it's taken 4 seasons as a senior to figure it out. He wanted Madrid above all and got his wish along with (I believe) guaranteed games until they were able to ship him out to Milan.

He got his one and only Spanish cap due to covid 2 or 3 years back and it now looks like he's switching allegiance to Morocco. Spain aren't going to miss him.

I have no idea who it is that bumped this thread, but they're morons if they think we need him back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.