Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to make a video about Sancho, Brahim and Foden given a lot of people are discussing them possibly being ready....

Naturally just my opinions though!

Decided to make a video about Sancho, Brahim and Foden given a lot of people are discussing them possibly being ready....

Can't disagree with anything there. I feel confident that City and Pep are well aware of the great talents coming through with the 3 highlighted maybe the pick of the bunch. What we don't know is what the players,their parents and their agents think when they get word that other clubs are showing an interest in them and maybe "promising" or suggesting that they would get first team football quicker with another club.

City's front 3 looks very much like it could be Sterling,Jesus ,Sane for a while and obviously Kun fighting to be included and arguably Kelechi (Patrick Roberts!) there too. When will the 3 highlighted players believe they can break in or should break in. It really isn't or shouldnt be an urgent question as they are still so young but who knows!! We can be sure though that the media will stir the pot as much as possible.

I am really looking forward to watching our next pre season.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. All 3 are special talents and should be treated and tested as such. Whilst being a young player with this level of ability doesn't automatically mean you're going to be a nailed on world beater as a senior, testing these players regularly at levels above where they are comfortable is the only way they can develop. Starting one of them against Huddersfield with 10 other seniors would do no harm at all, Diaz being the obvious candidate to slot into number 10. Watching Fernandinho/Delph/Fernando in that first game was dour and devoid of creativity.

A perfect opportunity to me

A point on the loan system, to me we should only be looking to loan players out who we feel are not progressing as players within the current structure, and that's certainly not these players

underused by pep this season. in my mind one of, if not peps only failure this season. can't play brahim for twenty minutes out of position against swansea and be done with it, not good enough when navas still gets game time.

i was hoping at this point in the season that i'd fully expect one of these kids to used against huddlesfield, but it's more hope at this point.

i might be overrating these kids, they might be so young still. but is navas really that much better than brahim as it stands right now? is navas really any better than sancho?

would like to see what these guys can do when playing with de bruyne/silva/aguero etc, not with a second string side, in which even internationally capped players fail to perform

underused by pep this season. in my mind one of, if not peps only failure this season. can't play brahim for twenty minutes out of position against swansea and be done with it, not good enough when navas still gets game time.

i was hoping at this point in the season that i'd fully expect one of these kids to used against huddlesfield, but it's more hope at this point.

i might be overrating these kids, they might be so young still. but is navas really that much better than brahim as it stands right now? is navas really any better than sancho?

would like to see what these guys can do when playing with de bruyne/silva/aguero etc, not with a second string side, in which even internationally capped players fail to perform

Navas was okay in his first season but has been average ever since, offers nothing apart from good work rate. May aswell bring sun jihai back.

Agree with every word of that. We should (hopefully) be in for an exciting time watching these break through during the next few seasons & there is no real hurry, provided they actually get 'some' time on the pitch & that it continues & they don't get left to rot.

The loan thing should only happen imo, if any of them are obviously struggling to make the step up over time & therefore need the games. Half season loans like with Maffeo etc are not a bad idea in that respect imo, but it's preferrable, as you say, that they stay & learn their stuff here.

Can't disagree with anything there. I feel confident that City and Pep are well aware of the great talents coming through with the 3 highlighted maybe the pick of the bunch. What we don't know is what the players,their parents and their agents think when they get word that other clubs are showing an interest in them and maybe "promising" or suggesting that they would get first team football quicker with another club.

City's front 3 looks very much like it could be Sterling,Jesus ,Sane for a while and obviously Kun fighting to be included and arguably Kelechi (Patrick Roberts!) there too. When will the 3 highlighted players believe they can break in or should break in. It really isn't or shouldnt be an urgent question as they are still so young but who knows!! We can be sure though that the media will stir the pot as much as possible.

I am really looking forward to watching our next pre season.

My idea, right or wrong, is that because Pep's style of play requires such a huge amount of effort, & because neither he, nor anyone, has ever succeeded in doing it in the Prem & with 3 Cup competitions, that it would ideally be better to look at the front 3, as a front 6 or 7 & the midfield 3 as a midfield 6, 7 or even maybe even 8 or 9.

The 'unique' players such as DeBruyne Silva, initially play a bit more often, but the rest, with the tricks, sprints & the goals, rotate, all the time.

The kids try to become regulars in that rotation, starting from just occasional appearances & take it from there. The best stay, the others leave.

That is a really good point that I never thought about before. My only concerns are the effect on team spirit and the form of confidence players (particularly goal scorers) if only one or two are guaranteed starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.