Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Great result and what a performance by Phil.

The number of goals we are conceding is a bit of a concern - 25 already this season. In the last few seasons we have been tighter defensively. Goals conceded in previous seasons under Pep.

2022/23 33
2021/22 26
2020/21 32
2019/20 35
2018/19 23
2017/18 27
2016/17 41

If we can start defending better then I think we will win the league. Should be targeting conceding no more than ten more in our remaining 16 games.
Stones playing will help and will make us more solid, obviously keeping him fit is the main problem.

Why was it fine? His tone. He knew what he was doing. I had no idea at 50 odd a direct kick from a keeper can’t be offside. There’s no reason why a kid playing upfront would. A kid who is just all about playing footie up top.

Fuck the scouse **** and his smart **** question.
Agreed. I’m 64 and my 25 year old told me you can’t be offside from a goal kick, I didn’t know

Last edited:
Yess but could of had 10 goals so we wasent bad
Not saying we were bad but having to come from behind match after match is a bit concerning. I would rather teams come out to play us and think they have no chance of scoring whereas at the moment every team would fancy their chances.
I actually thought we were going to be really tight at the back this season - maybe the unsettled line-ups and some loss of midfield control with Gundo leaving are the reason we are not.
Routine 3-0 win against Everton with a goal in the first 10 minutes please.

Not saying we were bad but having to come from behind match after match is a bit concerning. I would rather teams come out to play us and think they have no chance of scoring whereas at the moment every team would fancy their chances.
I actually thought we were going to be really tight at the back this season - maybe the unsettled line-ups and some loss of midfield control with Gundo leaving are the reason we are not.
Routine 3-0 win against Everton with a goal in the first 10 minutes please.
We weren’t bad, we were fucking excellent

Odd game. We were miles better
Agree! Ederson was clearly off in the first half with his decision-making, Gvardiol had a terrible game in build-up play, and KDB was unusually off in his corner delivery in the first half, but we still dominated the game. I thought Brentford was building to a second goal around 50-60 minutes, but otherwise it felt like we would ultimately get the 3 points. Haaland is obviously still rusty. When he's off he misses everything, but I have no doubt he will return to his world-class play over the next few weeks.

Why was it fine? His tone. He knew what he was doing. I had no idea at 50 odd a direct kick from a keeper can’t be offside. There’s no reason why a kid playing upfront would. A kid who is just all about playing footie up top.

Fuck the scouse **** and his smart **** question.

I thought it was offside, but nothing wrong with him asking it, commentators already mentuoned it seems the city team weren't aware of that not being offisde.

For all our dominance I thought the balance was off a little in the first half. We were still very good though.

The defence looks a little wobbly but think the addition of Gvardiol is causing that at current, Gvardiol is very very good though. So there has to be a balance.

I hope that Dias block allows him to kick on, felt like the Dias of old during that moment. My worry with Dias is that he goes down the Laporte route of being imperious in his first seasons and then fades off a bit towards the end. Was really hoping he'd be a Vinny type figure for us.

All in all a very good win, Foden just incredible.

Still plenty to play but we know that if we win our games and the title is ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.