Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Watched the game yesterday. We played so well. Switched off for their goal which made it a lot harder to play against a team with such a low block. Once our first goal was scored they were done.
The move for our 2nd is excellent. City are probably the only team in the PL that can score that goal. Brentford must have thought they had all the bases covered while we were passing the ball around so slowly. Then all of a sudden bang! Phil is all alone at the back post. Very reminiscent of Gundogs derby goal after 44 passes.
Phil, Alvarez and KdB really didn't have positions. They turned up anywhere they wanted on the pitch which made them basically unplayable.
Gvardiol isn't really a left back but he is a proper baller. I reckon Pep has got big plans for the lad.

it was a smart move designed on the training ground. Toney did a job on Ake but who was supposed to take responsibility for Maupay? Guardiol or Rodri?
It wasn't a great goal to concede and we looked shaky under their physical pressure. Its not like we don't have physical specimens in our back four - maybe we are too nice.
Just a brain fart moment. Maupey is offside if Toney touches the ball. Toney was clever and didn't attempt to play the ball. Ake was only concerned with winning the ball off him. Everyone else just looked at Maupey and thought he was off. Even Rodri who's proved himself pretty clever in these situations before, appealed for offside.

I think it’s a London thing. We came from the US and paid too much money to see City play at Stamford Bridge (had already planned to be in London). Because I read this site, I would have never taken an away ticket from a City fan. Our seats were in the Home Family section. Everyone was a tourist, most were cheering for City. Empty seats too, even though we were up close. I wouldn’t necessarily do it again, but I couldnt resist the opportunity when I found out City would be in London when we were. We also knew better than to wear the half and half’s - even though my 9 yo really wanted one! Sports tickets are so $$$ in the US, so even paying what seems like an outrageous amount in the UK, isn’t as bad, especially for once in a lifetime type experiences. I don’t have a good solution, but I promise when I come to see City in Manchester I’ll sing the whole time.
Be careful not to wake the FoC's when you're at the Etihad

Walker comes across as taking himself far too seriously.

I have never been able to warm to the bloke but I acknowledge he’s been a great servant to the club.
Fuck me I wish he did take himself more seriously. Not seen many players who take themselves less seriously tbh

I thought Monday night was an excellent performance, probably our best of the season. I loved the way KDB was providing width on both the left and the right, opening up the centre for Phil. Worked perfectly. Going to be unbelievable once Erling gets into his rhythm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.