Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

This transfer window is shaping up to be a huge one. We need a Wirtz type to develop as a Kev replacement and cover for Rodri

Absolutely. Sadly Phillips, Nunez and Kovacic have been underwhelming to say the least. That's three midfield players we can't use as their form isn't good enough so it's left us really light. Doku has shown promise in flashes.

Apart from the 3 points the clean sheet was the best thing about this evening. Brentford had very limited ambitions but many teams like that have scored with their first shot against us.
We will not have impressed any rival fans or neutrals but it is not about that at this stage of the season. I think as harder games arrive the team will rise to the challenge.

Pep Guardiola at the news conference:

When I was young, I was never ever a journalist. Top strikers score a lot of goals, don’t criticise, he will shut your mouth. Sooner or later he is there.

He was out for two months, he lost his grandmother, it is not easy for a human being.

We spoke about the moment (missing chances against Chelsea) and I realised this later, but he didn’t say anything about the passing away of his grandmother.

In this type of game like Brentford, you need Erling. Today we could not use Kevin de Bruyne because he had niggles in his hamstring and I didn’t want to take the risk.
Prp is the very best. I know we always say that but he just goes on defending us and on producing the best team and results.

City 1 anti football 0
Made hard work of it with the missed chances but 3 points is all that matters.
The ref was absolutely dogshit as usual.
2 minutes added!
Seriously?
The keeper wasted more than that on his own.
Add to that all the soft fouls he was giving them.
Quite frankly he’s a useless ****.

Yes we have been average of late but only one point behind them, if we sort ourselves out and get some form back then we can enjoy the end of the season

Panic fkin central on here again tonight. Sorry but We really do have some almighty plebs supporting us. Brentford stifled very well, Best i’ve seen anyone do that for a while. We are thee team to beat in the prem as well and nobody would have battered them if they did that. We stuck to our guns, played our game, kept a clean sheet and a great taken goal by the big H.

Spot on paulchapo.
Exactly. People say we are boring, but every fucking game we are playing against 10 or 11 defenders in their box for most of the game. No other top team ever deals with this in our league or any of the other leagues. Teams are too chicken shit to play against us, and only dream about a a point or getting a lucky goal win. It’s frustrating but not our fault. We are so good that teams are scared to go toe to toe. The funny thing is when we do get a team going toe to toe with us, we usually concede a few

Lets just get to the next game and see what shape we are in.

Might be time for a rethink pep. He has done it before with stones moving into midfield, he has done it with full backs tucking inside etc. Midfield need more control. A trio of Bernie/rodri and stones would be my choice.

Let bobb and Doku take the wings with Jack.

Really could be doing with a new signing stepping up right about now to help out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.