Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Exactly. People say we are boring, but every fucking game we are playing against 10 or 11 defenders in their box for most of the game. No other top team ever deals with this in our league or any of the other leagues. Teams are too chicken shit to play against us, and only dream about a a point or getting a lucky goal win. It’s frustrating but not our fault. We are so good that teams are scared to go toe to toe. The funny thing is when we do get a team going toe to toe with us, we usually concede a few
We've been playing low blocks since 18/19 and were never this 'boring' (not my words) why is that?

Painful watch. Struggled to break down anti football Brentford. A lack of pace and movement up front. Hopefully we will improve in the run in.

GGzoL_wawAAYSGm
Thought he was nailed on to score at their last minute corner after his two performances against us!

Just watching the game on replay and one thing that stood out for me was how many fake fouls this ref bought from Brentford. I don’t blame the away team trying it on but that official is either biased or stupid. There was one classic where Foden didn’t get within half of the yard of the player! Some of the free kicks were within Ivan Toney distance and could have caused us a problem tonight.

We weren't poor though, we played OK. Our finishing was poor, as it was at the weekend.

It's never an easy game when they play like that. Bernardo should have put us ahead, a simple chance, and it's a very different game thereafter, without Mee's clearance, same result.

We controled the game for very long periods tonights, sometimes you don't score and it seems worse than the reality.

First half on Saturday was poor for me, when we had little control of the game, but in both games, we've missed far too many chances, it's 2 goals from 58 goal attempts.
We missed chances and deserved to win easily but for me we had no rhythm and were laboured and wasteful. I agree we were poor first half Saturday. In fact it’s a long time since we played well for 90 minutes. Totally agree about chances missed but I’m not concerned, that’s the point I’m trying to make. We have the personnel to get it right again.

I've no problem if these teams play the same against our rivals but they don't. They play wide open and get battered. I'd have no problem Brentford getting relegated but I fear they'll stay up.
Brentford can’t defend against counter attacking football. That’s why they don’t tend to do well against hoofball teams with clinical strikers.

We've been playing low blocks since 18/19 and were never this 'boring' (not my words
We've been playing low blocks since 18/19 and were never this 'boring' (not my words) why is that?
He’ll if I know. There are definitely issues this year that we haven’t had in the past but low blocks are not exactly the same as everyone on their team in their box. We def need some more creativity but we are a point back playing far below our best so all is not lost

2 goals from 58 goal attempts.
That, right there, sums us up at the moment.

Devoid of new ideas. Every team has read the book, practiced their 10-11 man defensive spacing, and has rabbits ready to run whenever possible. Throw in the fact that EVERY team wastes time, dives for fouls, rarely gets called for fouls let alone gets booked for the assaults on our players, and you see the quandary.

It’s all a little stale and predictable. We have seen about 10 minutes of excitement over the last two games…the Rodri goal and aftermath and Haaland’s breakaway goal tonight. Other than that, it’s all been a bit flat and one dimensional.

Niggly fckers, the new Stoke. Be glad when they're gone but some other time wasting, anti football 2hats hiding behind not having any money to spend will just take their place. This game is probably already long forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.