Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Except the dippers battered them 4-1, away.......and didn't break a sweat doing it
As did we two weeks ago. The without sweat bit that is.
Anyway you’ve already given up on the title so a win to keep up the pretence will have pleased you I imagine

My new pet hate.

Six minutes of added time, most of it due to the Brentford goalkeeper blatantly time wasting when it was 0-0.

Brentford get a last minute corner and the same goalkeeper joins their attack and has the opportunity to equalize in the added time that he was responsible for.

I'm sure it has been posted, but I've not seen it. How great an achievement is Haalands new stat, after just over one season, taking injury into account, in now scoring against every premier league team. I can't recall anyone doing it in so few games. Last nights goal was a pleasure to witness live and his shot was perfection. Dead Eyed Dick thats Erling;-)

We really need to do something about the signage for away fans.

More again entering M1 last night.They had Brentford shirts on and had walked past a steward!

One City fan gave them shit but they were not trouble causers by any means and we saw them again after the game as we walked home and apologised for the aforementioned dick heads behaviour but it needs sorting.Just a sign ffs.

Anyone know an email for club safety officer as someones going to get hurt I fear.

Pathetic...Haaland the most lethal attacker my ass...2 points against this team is reallly reallly really poor.
Hey Ken tali that's what you said about Erling after the Chelsea game...
One off game by Erling and you slagged him off ..what's your view on his goal tonight?
He wont answer you, he is a wum/ rag/dipper who only appears when we are in trouble

teams stay deep,they dont commit , if they did they would get thrashed, they start at 0-0 and 99% of teams would be delighted if it finished that way, pace wont get behind a defence that sits so deep, passing and movement will, we dont need fast players usually, we need clever players who can see a space and can pick a pass, when teams do need to come out then the faster players are more helpful, control,passing and intelligence has worked for us, i really cant see why people are a bit down at the moment.

Why would you do anything else, honestly?
Tell you something. At the beginning of the 2017-18 season (people, journalists, had started making sarcastic comments about how “Oh, Pep can do it in Spain, Germany, and he can do it with Messi, but he'll see it's something else here”), we went to Watford. Now Watford may not be prime Barcelona, but they were a Premier League team, professional footballers, and that already puts them in a tiny elite among the thousands of players who play football either at amateur or professional level in the U.K. We're talking about what? a couple of hundred players, if you allow the size of the squad, among thousands and thousands.
Well, it wasn't just the fact that we absolutely thrashed them. We moved them around the pitch at will, like inert puppets. We made them look like a team many, many levels below us. We made them look like a bunch of schoolkids rushing round the yard at break time, desperately searching for the ball. I'd never seen anything quite like it, not even from the best of the Mancini/Pellegrini teams. Not even from the Mercer/Allison team. I was astounded. Pep had taken a season to get his message over, to get his system going. Now something very special was clearly happening. I didn't know what it was at that point.
It was the beginning of the full-on Pep era, which is continuing to this day. After that season — the 100-pointer — everybody had twigged that if they went toe to toe with us, they would be done, and done proper. There was only one thing to be done: sit very deep, eleven men behind the ball for 2/3 to 3/4 of the match, and catch us on the break with a long ball over the top to a very speedy winger or striker. We've lost a few matches, and they've nearly always been like that. Only the dippers (I have to hand this to them) have dared to go toe to toe with us, and been successful in doing it at times.
In Europe it's been a somewhat different story. Even then, Leipzig went toe to toe last season and they were blown to smithereens. And Leipzig are not a bad team, far from it.
And yes, some fans of other clubs have started saying that it can be boring watching City. But it's not us that's boring! The other team sets up to make it as boring as possible. It rarely works, but sometimes the Brentfords and Wolves of this world beat us doing it. Why would you come out and play us at our own game when you know for a certainty that you're going to be beaten not 1-0, but obliterated 4-0 or 5-0. It wasn't far off working for Brentford last night, and my takeaway message if I were Frank would be, “Yep, let's do that again. But for a defender's slip, we could have walked away with a point against the treble winners, and reigning European champions”. And in fact in the first ten minutes of the game they could have taken the lead.
This is our reality, and we have to live with it. Brentford did not feel they had to play the same way against LFC (and by the way, there is absolutely clownish defending by Brentford on the last two goals that Liverpool scored — watch them back on the highlights — of which I saw not one single sign last night). No team is as feared as us, throughout Europe.

Holding is a penal offence, and the only conclusion you can offer is that they just don't want to be the ref who gives five pens in one half for a centre forward being held.

They'd only have to do it once, and it would stop it dead in its tracks. By the way, yes, the first time for sure, they'd all surround the referee aggressively. For which a bunch of yellow cards should be handed out. That, too, was something that was supposed to be sorted out this season. I don't like seeing any team doing it, and yes, that includes City. The captain, and maybe the offended-against player, should be tolerated. No-one else should be getting in his face.

For all the frustration with city’s slow build up I have, it is nothing compared to how sick I am at seeing teams camp out with 10 behind the ball and 1 up to to kick it too when we misplace a pass.

The only thing I would like Pep to do is to allow at times during the game the long ball to Haaland so we can win the second ball and then attack.

Camped out football boring bastards!!!!

It’s not city, Rato but the rest of the league including the rags.
I agree. It would give us another dimension and something for the opposition to worry about. It worked for Harry Kane with Son picking up the passes from Kane. If the ball was banged up to Haaland, he could back up to the defender collect the ball pass it back to Kevin and go on a run. If he doesn't get the ball cleanly fall on the deck like Harry did and demand a free kick. Three or four times a game would be good. If it worked one out of four it would create a goal scoring opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.