Brexit implications for football?

robbieh

As someone who thinks Brexit is about as clever as United signing Bebe, I would like to know how it is likely to impact on european footballers playing in the PL.

We have just signed a Portuguese and under freedom of movement no problem. What happens in 2 years though?

Player applies for Visa in the worst case scenario, people moved about all the time before the EU was formed it isn't a new concept.

Is there currently a limit on non-EU players in a team/squad? there used to be, not sure its still in place. Assume that would simply be extended as the EU would become irrelevant......

As someone who thinks Brexit is about as clever as United signing Bebe, I would like to know how it is likely to impact on european footballers playing in the PL.
We have just signed a Portuguese and under freedom of movement no problem. What happens in 2 years though?
If some special agreement(s) is not signed, EPL clubs won't be able to sign U18 players from Europe after Brexit, I think that's the main consequence. Also, transfers of SA U18 guys like Garre with European passport will become impossible.

Last edited:
I just pray and pray and pray that somehow sense prevails (how I don't know) and Brex*t is scrapped.

The hughest, most stupid, idiotic, political mistake ever made in peacetime. Only favoured by backward looking, brain dead, simpletons who think Britain is still "great" and that the old Empire still want to deal with them...

Bloody Cameron... Tory Toff who should have been put down at birth...

Harsh but it is how I feel...

JJ

I just pray and pray and pray that somehow sense prevails (how I don't know) and Brex*t is scrapped.

The hughest, most stupid, idiotic, political mistake ever made in peacetime. Only favoured by backward looking, brain dead, simpletons.

Bloody Cameron... Tory Toff who should have been put down at birth...

Harsh but it is how I feel...

JJ
I think merkels open door policy knocks that into a cocked hat ! by a long long way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.