Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Adebayor, 4 Aug 2017.

?

Brighton vs City prediction

Poll closed 13 Aug 2017.
  1. Win

481 vote(s)
    93.0%
  2. Draw

23 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Lose

13 vote(s)
    2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adebayor

Adebayor

Thank Jesus, the season is almost upon us!

So many different line ups going through my head, but who will Pep pick, and what system will he go for against a Brighton team who will be desperate for a point on their return to the top flight.

I'm sure they will park the bus, and look to hit us on the counter - but finally we may just be a little less prone conceding on counter attacks due to our new found pace. We also look like we may be able to close the opposition down fast enough that they may not even get the chance to launch a meaningful attack - if the last three games are anything to go by.

Despite our wealth of attacking options, and having Kompamy back in full swing, I think Stones may well be the player whom Pep is building this team around. If he can help him to keep improving and we use the three at the back more often then we may see John turn into the perfect Pep player, turning defence into attack and could see him become the heir to Kompany's throne and be a real leader for this team.

Excited is an understatement.

My guess for the team is:

---------------------Ederson-----------------
    -------Kompany----Stones----Otamendi--
    Walker--------------Yaya-----------Danilo
    -------------De Bruyne---Silva------------
    --------------Jesus------Aguero-----------

Although I would love to see Sterling and Sane in there, and I would love him to go with the 433 from last season, although the only droppable player in that line up to me is Otamendi. Still not 100% sure he'll start Aguero though..

Come on City!

2. Adebayor

Adebayor

Just seen the 'guess the team' thread, feel free to delete!

3. RACHACE

RACHACE

HGV Driver/part time gambler
    http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    Swap Yaya for Dinho. Other than that, I completely agree with you.

4. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Shit username, call me George
    -------------------------------------Ederson
    -------------Kompany--------------Stones------------Otamendi
    Walker----------------------------------------------------------------Danilo
    ---------------------------------------Yaya
    ---------------De Bruyne--------------------------D.Silva
    ---------------------------Sterling/Aguero
    -----------------------------------------------Jesus

Bench: Bravo(?), Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, Aguero, One of Foden/Diaz/Roberts

Sterling deserves to start, best player in pre-season, looks the sharpest player. I'm not feeling the Jesus-Sergio partnership atm, I thought the Jesus-Sterling partnership was the most impressive in pre-season vs Spurs.

However if I'm being honest, as impressive as it has been for us, I don't see how we can continue to play 3 at the back with that type of attacking talent on the bench.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2017
  5. richards30

richards30

ederson
    walker
    kompany
    stones
    otamendi
    danilo
    yaya
    de bruyne
    d.silva
    sane
    jesus

6. Blue Smarties

Blue Smarties

Hopefully we'll get an early goal and build from there. Their fans and players will be well up for it.

7. City_J

City_J

This, Sterling has to start, he was one of our top 3 players last season, but dropped of because he was overplayed, now that he is rested and the season starts, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, even before Aguero, Jesus in my opinion

8. JustAnotherCityFan

JustAnotherCityFan

Personally think Jesus and Aguero are absolutely guaranteed to start together. They have all pre season.

9. Blue Coop

Blue Coop

I've slightly changed what I think the team will be on the basis that he loves Sane too much to not have him in the side away from home, with the quick counter our main source of threat (it would be silly to lose Sane AND Sterling) and Danilo has had a fantastic preseason. Stones will step up when needed.On paper I really like the side too.

This will not be an easy game. Promoted team, bouncing atmosphere, if we don't start quickly then we'll have a tough time as they grow in confidence. I'm going for a tough fight and a 1-0 win late in the game, nail biting on day one.

10. Sofa City Sussex

Sofa City Sussex

As one of the 900 (our full allocation) who went the last time we visited in 2008 at the old Withdean athletics stadium the match day experience will be much improved this time (unless there's another shock!)If the wag who remarked"it's like watching from a different post code" is going he'll be able to see OK.

For those travelling by train getting to Brighton is fine,from there to Falmer can sometimes be difficult - suggest you allow lots of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.