Brilliant team kits website

Big Swifty

All these discussions here on "the worst ever kit" can be resolved by a fantastic website I found recently. It illustrates in full colour EVERY home kit ever worn by every Premier League, Football League and Scottish League team, including defunct ones like Aberdare, Workington, etc., in fact every team who has ever been in those leagues. It also includes notes on the history of each club's kit, club badges, stadia and League status/history. The "Historical Football Kits" site (google it) is a treasure-house for nerds like me who love all this trivia. (The worst must surely be Norwich's green & yellow speckles, followed by York City's "chocolate and cream stripes" of the 1930s.)
I found it riveting, and I hope others do too.

Big Swifty said:
All these discussions here on "the worst ever kit" can be resolved by a fantastic website I found recently. It illustrates in full colour EVERY home kit ever worn by every Premier League, Football League and Scottish League team, including defunct ones like Aberdare, Workington, etc., in fact every team who has ever been in those leagues. It also includes notes on the history of each club's kit, club badges, stadia and League status/history. The "Historical Football Kits" site (google it) is a treasure-house for nerds like me who love all this trivia. (The worst must surely be Norwich's green & yellow speckles, followed by York City's "chocolate and cream stripes" of the 1930s.)
I found it riveting, and I hope others do too.

Ummmmmmmmmm

So where do we find this magical site

I just key in "Historical Football Kits" and follow the links to "English Clubs" (or Scottish, if you must) and you will be immersed in nostalgia (or horror, in some cases).

Try <a class="postlink" href="http://www.historicalkits.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.historicalkits.co.uk</a> and follow sub-headings. I don't know why the link has not come up handily in blue.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 am --<br /><br />Oh yes it has. sorry.

As for away kits, they admit that it would be impossible to show all away kits over history (Glossop's away kit in the 19th C, anyone?) but a sub-heading does refer to away kits and gives a selection of "iconic" ones. City's are the all-royal blue with red& white sash of the 70s and the ghastly half-maroon/half white thing of our desperate years. My fave was Coventry's all-brown kit with matching shirt/shorts stripe. But with a defence like Coventry's it was as well to wear brown shorts.......

Big Swifty said:
As for away kits, they admit that it would be impossible to show all away kits over history (Glossop's away kit in the 19th C, anyone?) but a sub-heading does refer to away kits and gives a selection of "iconic" ones. City's are the all-royal blue with red& white sash of the 70s and the ghastly half-maroon/half white thing of our desperate years. My fave was Coventry's all-brown kit with matching shirt/shorts stripe. But with a defence like Coventry's it was as well to wear brown shorts.......

I had that Royal Blue kit at school,wish City would bring it back instead of the usual Maroon/ Red & Black stripes.

Agree re Coventry dog shit kit though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.