Bring the Noise

You know when everyone on BM is up for it, so will every other City fan.

I know it doesn't happen often enough for our liking, but our fans will be bang up for this tonight just as we were for the 2nd leg of the CL quarter-final last season. The atmosphere that night was every bit as electric as theirs at the home leg, and even when Liverpool went 4-1 up on aggregate in the second half - effectively killing the tie there and then - we kept it going to an extent.

The only scenario I can see where they silence the crowd early doors is if they go 2 or 3 up, otherwise our fans will play their part

I'm hoping tonight could see something of a seachange in support for the rest of the season. The atmosphere tonight will look after itself if the game goes well.

If we win gloriously, then I predict that the "We fight to the end" mentality will kick in for the rest of the season and we could easily be chasing Liverpool in front of noisier, less complacent crowds. With one eye on their results, and they will wobble, it could be a memorable second half of the season on the pitch and in the stadium.

There will be a few dotted round but it won't be the invasion of the home ends that some are claiming because it's not like there were ever hundreds of tickets available at any one time on the ticket exchange. There's always going to be the odd industrious fan who will get into a game and City fans are no exception on that score - I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could get into the home end at Anfield if I needed to by some means or other.
I've been in the home end at Anfield around a dozen times over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.