British jihadists killed in RAF drone strike

The Times has raised doubts about the wisdom of the drone strike: “misgivings”, it said, “have emerged about the legal and moral basis for pursuing them.”

Aside from the fact that one of the men who died alongside Khan had not been on a British target list, the paper pointed out that “the specific event against which Khan is said to have plotted an attack had passed off peacefully by the time he was killed.”

Like the Mail, the Times was sceptical about “the intelligence cited but not published in support of these drone strikes”. Was it old or exaggerated? The paper said:

“If so, intelligence is being misused in the public sphere and this government must accept as a legacy of the Iraq war that the public will not give it the benefit of the doubt on either count.”

http://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...ght-or-wrong-what-the-national-newspapers-say

Anyone care to answer this question?....

"Why kill people for plotting to launch terrorist attacks after the gatherings they were supposed to have been planning to attack had passed off without incident?"

To clarify the quote, for the benefit of the cerebrally challenged on here, the events for which this pair had been allegedly plotting were the VE day in May, Armed Forces day in June and VJ day commemorations in mid-August. All of which occurred BEFORE the drone strike. Now unless that pair of cunts had a Delorean fitted out with a flux capacitor, I fail to see how the threat was in any way "imminent"

Sorry I have no idea what your talking about. What guys? What weapon?
The weapon which took out these scumbags. Released from thousands of miles away. Proximity is no measure of immediacy these days. I can record a TV program at home from my hotel room in China so the argument of them not posing an imminent threat is wrong.

I am just thankful we can consider whether what we DID was legal. Had this planned attack instead come off and killed hundreds of people or an attack in the future then we wouldn't be too bothered about the legalities of such further preventative action would we? The whole point is that we are defending ourselves against people who want to see us harmed.

ISIS is an enemy of this country and our way of life and we should be doing everything we can to protect ourselves be it abroad or at home.

The weapon which took out these scumbags. Released from thousands of miles away. Proximity is no measure of immediacy these days. I can record a TV program at home from my hotel room in China so the argument of them not posing an imminent threat is wrong.

Shit, so ISIS have got themselves some interncontinental ballistic stuff have they, some proper Saddam WMD tackle? Or you just worried about them messing up you Sky+?

Remarkable

Shit, so ISIS have got themselves some interncontinental ballistic stuff have they, some proper Saddam WMD tackle? Or you just worried about them messing up you Sky+?

Remarkable

So, let me get this straight. ISIS are recording sky tv from china? Presumably to pirate the stuff on sky movies. Sick bastards

Remarkable
No less than I expected.

Do you agree that it is perfectly possible to carry out actions remotely with no limit on distance?

Do you agree that it is perfectly possible to direct actions of others remotely with no limit on distance?

Remarkable

The point is that the technology exists. Suppose they had contact with people in the UK who were building an explosive, which the guys in Syria would then remotely detonate. Is that really that unrealistic? And in that case, surely the people in Syria are causing a threat to British people and it was the correct decision to take them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.