Bruno Guimaraes

A highly combative player and one who picks up a booking every fourth game. It would be considerable money for someone who may not necessarily be able to play alongside Rodri or at least offer enough in an attacking sense.

Given their constraints, are Newcastle perhaps making this contract clause public knowledge so as to flush out buyers?
There is probably two, PSG and us so doesn't really seem necessary and even then I would be floored if PSG bother. They have big issues with Mbappe leaving then adding this lad to their midfield.

There is probably two, PSG and us so doesn't really seem necessary and even then I would be floored if PSG bother. They have big issues with Mbappe leaving then adding this lad to their midfield.
Apparently PSG have been talking to his agents.

questions There is probably two, PSG and us so doesn't really seem necessary and even then I would be floored if PSG bother. They have big issues with Mbappe leaving then adding this lad to their midfield.
I don't see him going back to France and PSG have other issues to address. He and his wife visited Disneyland Paris in January and that prompted social-media speculation that he was heading to PSG, which shows how ridiculous rumours are. There are always clubs in England, though whether they'd match that fee is quite another thing.

Pay that money for an established central midfielder (ala Rice) and the player must deliver immediately. If not and they take time to settle (even the cheaper Phillips/Nunes), then that leads to questions over their suitability and Rodri playing more. It's another reason why I'd be inclined to sign Neves from Benfica instead. The fee would be as high, true, but the ceiling is probably higher and the support would be patient (cf. Gvardiol).

If this lad has a £100m release clause I don’t see anyone getting him this summer
I can see Newcastle digging their heals in which is their right
It does though mean if you are willing to pay, a deal is pretty straightforward.
Could maybe see Ortega going to them

If this lad has a £100m release clause I don’t see anyone getting him this summer
I can see Newcastle digging their heals in which is their right
It does though mean if you are willing to pay, a deal is pretty straightforward.
Could maybe see Ortega going to them
Both? In that scenario, which side has strengthened?

Reactions: TFC
I literally have no idea why City appear to have any interest, especially given the numbers being floated. Just doesn’t seem to fit the dressing room profile, but it’s hard to know.

Does NOT strike me as a player who commands anything like £100M.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.