Bundesliga 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by cptaidan88, 21 Jun 2017.

1. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

Which game are you looking at going to? Whether you can get tickets will be the biggest variable. Its difficult to get tickets for a Bayern home game, and similarly games where Bayern or Dortmund are the away side.

Last year they announced games up to mid April on 15th December, and then games from mid April onwards on the 17th March. They generally seem to be around the same date each year, give or take a week.

The only other thing I'd consider is whether there is another game you could go to locally if you're going for the whole weekend, in Bundesliga 2 or lower.

2. Kinky Dribbler

Kinky Dribbler

Thanks. Hopefully we'll hear in December then but it might fall into the March release - we're looking at Dortmund v Leverkusen, currently scheduled for 21st April (and fully prepared for it to cost us a lot and that we'll probably have to go through Viagogo or similar, but we're prepared to just do it because it's a surprise present for a mate and we know he'd love to go to a Dortmund home game).

Good point on other local games - Dusseldorf, Cologne and Monchengladbach are all within a reasonable distance, would they be worth looking at? We were also considering a multi-city and going to an Ajax game too as they have a midweek game scheduled before that weekend.

3. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

If you register now I reckon you'll be able to get tickets, but maybe not on the südtribune. Register with both Dortmund and Leverkusen, because you might be able to get in the away section.

Suspect you'll have to wait until March unfortunately. Other games that weekend are Köln v Schalke, Mönchengladbach v Wolfsburg, or lower down Düsseldorf v Ingolstadt, or even Münster or Paderborn. Köln will be the best atmosphere out of those.

I'd be surprised if you cant get at least 2 games in between Fri-Sun. I think its Semi Finals of the Pokkal the Tues/Wed the midweek before too if you're going over early.

4. Kinky Dribbler

Kinky Dribbler

Danke schön!

5. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Only just seen the previous comments, but I'd echo Aidan's point, regarding the number of opportunities.
    Flybe offer cheap return flights to Dusseldorf, and the ideal scenario is to fly Friday Morning and return Monday Morning.
    There are 5 Bundesliga teams within an hour, Dortmund is difficult without using Viagogo, but Schalke and Leverkusen have both got English-speaking ticket hotlines and will post the tickets to your home address.
    You can buy tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf (currently top of the 2nd division) at the Tourist Information Centre opposite the main Railway Station. There's also Duisburg and Bochum (a real happening place that goes under the English radar).

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Can’t you make a long weekend of it?

Fly over on the Friday, making sure you arrive in time for an evening kick-off and return on the Monday.

1. Bundesliga rarely has Monday fixtures; it’s usually a 2. Bundesliga game.

7. Maldeika

Maldeika

Bayern's U 23 just beat 1860s first in the Regionalliga derby...

8. KCblue

KCblue

RB Leipzig just had a player sent off in the 13th minute away to Bayern. And as I say that James scores to make it 1-0

9. mancity1

mancity1

MAN CITY SUPPORTER
    2-0 now game over Bayern back where they will stay.

10. Rhineland

Rhineland

draw for the DFB-Cup

to be played on 19. and 20. Dec

1. FSV Mainz 05 - VfB Stuttgart
    1. FC Nürnberg - VfL Wolfsburg
    Bayern München - Borussia Dortmund
    1. FC Heidenheim - Eintracht Frankfurt
    SV Werder Bremen - SC Freiburg
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    SC Paderborn - FC Ingolstadt 04
    FC Schalke 04 - 1. FC Köln