Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruhr

As City is facing german opposition in the CL (and will meet them furthermore in the coming years, i´m sure) and shows interest at least in one Bundesliga player at the moment, i may give from time to time some inside view about what´s happening in the Bundesliga.

The highlight of the weekend should have been the Bayern vs. Dortmund match, but that was obviously overshadowed by the suicide attempt of a referee, setting a new lowpoint in the ongoing scandals about german referees.

First the boss of the referee organization was sacked for homosexual molestation of a young referee (who, he claimed, was his lover for years). The the guy declared a war on the german FA in revenge and informed the tax authorities about cases of tax evasion of several referees. And now the suicide attempt of a ref, who was voted four times worst ref of the league by Bundesliga players and recently had been withdrawn from international matches.

Nevertheless Borussia Dortmund´s away victory at Bayern made the headlines. Bayern obviously missing Schweinsteiger, who is in many ways their chief. Bringing back Robben after a long injury was a further fatal error. He couldn´t help and Müller and Kroos changing positions for him was a wrong decision. Dortmund did, what you have to do against Bayern. 90 minutes of pressing and running all over the ground with Mario Götze scoring.

But man of the weekend was Marco Reus. He was invited by Werder Bremen´s day of horrible defending to score 3 of 5 Borussia Mönchengladbach goals for a 5-0. He now made six of the last eight Gladbach goals.

A nice day for Marco
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL0WrEFePk8[/youtube]

Table top

1. Bayern 28 CL
2. Dortmund 26 CL
3. M´gladbach 26 CL
---
4. Schalke 25 CLQ
---
5. Werder 23 EL
6. VFB Stuttgart 21 EL
--
7. Bayer Leverkusen 21

Table bottom

15. Mainz 12
--
16. FC Nürnberg 12 play off
--
17. SC Freiburg 11 relegation
18. FC Augsburg 8 relegation

Top scorers
1. Gomez 13
2. Huntelaar 12
3. Pizarro 11
4. Reus 10
5. Podolski 9

Best players this season according to kicker magazine

1. Mario Götze
2. Marco Reus
3. Frank Ribery
4. Claudio Pizarro
5. Mats Hummels

In Bundesliga 2 one the worst derbies in germany Hansa Rostock vs. St Pauli saw the Hansa scum rioting again, which can bring the end of safe standing in germany sooner than it will ever being reintroduced in England

What makes Hansa Fans cheer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6QMXQX5lg&feature=related[/youtube]

That last video is fucked up.

Thanks for the information Ruhr. I had no idea the situation regarding referees was that dire in Germany. Are they generally inept or do you believe it's something more sinister?

Also, I think it's rather distasteful that the German FA allow their referee's to be criticised in that manner (End of season vote). It surely can't help the situation.

A 19-year-old fan of Bundesliga side Nurnberg had his right arm disembodied during a scuffle with Mainz supporters.

Following the postponement of Koln's home match with Mainz, visiting fans were involved in a fight with the Bavarians at the host city's Central Train Station. The Nurnberg supporter was pushed in front of an oncoming Inter-City Express train, and was unable to fully evade it before having his arm amputated.

The victim, who was under the police's file of 'violent sports fans,' was immediately hospitalised, and stabilised following emergency surgery. However, his arm could not be re-attached.

Local authorities have begun their search for the perpetrator, who fled the scene. A total of 30 people were involved in the scuffle, after which one accomplice was arrested.

Another defeat for Bayern today at little Mainz 05 (3-2). They are really struggling since Schweinsteiger is out.
They are no longer top pf the Bundesliga, as Borussia Dortmund won the 139th Revier derby vs a bloodless Schalke (2-0, really ruined my weekend). And Borussia M´gladbach is also ahead of them, winning the Rheinland derby away at their old rivals FC Köln (3-0)

Bundesliga top

1. Borussia Dortmund 29
2. Borussia M´gladbach 29
3. Bayern München 28
----
4. Werder Bremen 26
---
5. Schalke 04 25
6. Bayer Leverkusen 22
--
7. VfB Stuttgart 21

Bottom
15. Hamburger SV 14
--
16. FC K´lautern 13
--
17. SC Freiburg 12
18. FC Augsburg 11

goal of the weekend by Jan Schlaudraff, playmaker of Hannover 96
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LY3wzRrue0[/youtube]

In other news:
The referee, who made a suicide attempt last week, is suffering from depression
Dynamo Dresden was banned as first club ever from next year´s german cup because of fan rioting.

excellent post mate,interesting and a bit worrying as i thought the Bundesliga was a role model for Europe;low ticket prices, standing areas and top atmosphere and fan representation/ownership of clubs.

in general it is still a great model, but some clubs have lost control over the ultras movement among their fans

Mainz vs Bayern 3-2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq67Uwr2oJE[/youtube]

Don't forget the 2. Bundesliga. Tomorrow is a real interesting match. Fortuna Düsseldorf against Greuther Fürth. I'll be there and on Tuesday I'll fly to London to watch City at the Emirates. Good times for me. @ Ruhr what went wrong yesterday? That game was rubbish. I hope we will do better against the black-yellow scum in the cup.

German Blues said:
Don't forget the 2. Bundesliga. Tomorrow is a real interesting match. Fortuna Düsseldorf against Greuther Fürth. I'll be there and on Tuesday I'll fly to London to watch City at the Emirates. Good times for me. @ Ruhr what went wrong yesterday? That game was rubbish. I hope we will do better against the black-yellow scum in the cup.

Not easy to watch 2.Bundesliga in England unfortunately. I'd like 1860 Munchen to get promoted, but it seems they are bit off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.