Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Finding it hard to correlate some of the comments with the game I watched.

I thought we played very well at a difficult place to go, especially with 7 on the physio’s table.

Should we have won by at least 2 goals? Yes.
Did we lose? No, so some people need some context.

I have to take issue with some of the comments about Sergio. I thought he worked his tail off and he’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t. When he comes short to link up, the ball he lays off is often to a player moving ahead of him, and he has to get forward and into the box. He did that. There were not a lot of decent balls into the box to him. The one everyone is discussing WAS a bad pass, and I think he should have leathered it. I can forgive him that and it certainly wasn’t the difference in the game.

Sterlings miss will be the headline when it should be Ederson’s worldie from Lennon. I doubt you will see a better reflex save from a good shot from 12 yards this season. And, his save from Mee wasn’t a bad one, either.

No-one needs to pillory Sterling on here, he gets it enough from all quarters all the time, even though he is having the best season of his life. Will it haunt him? Yes, until he scores the next one. Should he have been taken off? Yes. He knew he had missed a ridiculous chance, but he’s a moper, which is why Pep gave him a hug last game. His body language after the miss was negative and those two things, the miss and the response, were enough for me. One miss in one game? Forgiven...hug and kiss. However, two games in a row? Gotta give him the heave ho and let him know it’s unacceptable. Now, it’s up to him to get his head down, spend some extra time on the training pitch and work on his finishing.

Also, anyone not giving Gundogan applause after that performance is just not looking. He got into some great positions, but there are a few times he could have taken a pop,with his left, instead of trying to put it on his right.

Worst position we can be in at the end of the weekend is 13 points clear. Oh, the horror.

Get a grip, lads and lasses.

Apart from Arsenal and Tottenham that was the hardest away game we have left. So good not to lose. We actually played very well but it exposed the issues we are going to have by not bringing in reinforcements up front over the window. With games every few days and increasingly big ones players are getting very tired.

It was physically demanding out there and pouring down it caught up with them in the second half and for the first time big players faded rather than rose to the challenge to go win it in the final few.

We really need this week off from playing and good on Pep giving them three days off training. They need it.

Given what happened with Leicester and our need for a win next Saturday has unexpected pressure.

Henry just hit the nail on the head got complacent because it was too easy. That led to us getting sloppy, giving the ball away and a few silly free kicks allowing them to hoof it into the box. You just sensed they would score. It seems daft criticizing us because on the whole it was damn near perfect. The wrong decision making in the box pass behind, pass delayed or not given when someone else was in a better position. Sterling scores and its game over it looks worse the more you watch it, just took his eye off it, went under his studs and that was that.

All these saying we played well must been watching a different game. We were terrible. Burnley deserved their point.
Wow. We were very good first half nd fantatsic for 30minutes of the second. We played some beautiful football and cut through them at will.we just went to shitbwhen we reached their area.

The fact that the Burnley fans were celebrating like they had just won the league...says it all. We drew a League match away from home which is never a bad result.

Should have won it, sloppy finishing has been evident a few times this season thus far not having cost us much. If it happens in the Champions League against good opposition it will have consequences.

Credit to Burnley ran their bollocks off, and credit due to the referee who was near faultless.

Always was going to be a tricky fixture with the squad a little stretched at the moment, any other team under those circumstances would be pretty pleased with a point at Turf Moor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.