Buying a laptop in USA?

blumoon

Is it a no no does anybody know?.Will be heading over for a holiday and i am curious to know if its feasible.....Thanks!

Should be fine I would've thought. You'd just need a transformer for the power plug.

Would be properly cheap as well with their lower prices and the strong £.

Pounding said:
Should be fine I would've thought. You'd just need a transformer for the power plug.

Would be properly cheap as well with their lower prices and the strong £.
Cheers thats what i was thinking price wise, just was not sure of the power end of it.

Think oyu may have problems with Windows Media player. Don't quote me on this, but im sure i heard they are set to regions, so i would Guess america would be a different one, but like i said i dont know.

And if it does go faulty, you will have to send it back to America - and will have to wait a long time for them to fix it and send it back. But if your prepared to wait, then go for it.

josh06 said:
Think oyu may have problems with Windows Media player. Don't quote me on this, but im sure i heard they are set to regions, so i would Guess america would be a different one, but like i said i dont know.

And if it does go faulty, you will have to send it back to America - and will have to wait a long time for them to fix it and send it back. But if your prepared to wait, then go for it.
Jeez like the dvd players?........never crossed my mind that!........cheers josh.

blumoon said:
josh06 said:

Jeez like the dvd players?........never crossed my mind that!........cheers josh.

Most laptop power supplies will work on any mains voltage (check when buying) so you'd just have a UK plug on it. The DVD drive will have region code but if I remember rightly you can change it up to 3 times (again check when buying) so should be fine mate.

[/quote]Most laptop power supplies will work on any mains voltage (check when buying) so you'd just have a UK plug on it. The DVD drive will have region code but if I remember rightly you can change it up to 3 times (again check when buying) so should be fine mate.[/quote]

Download DVD Region Killer ... no need to worry about the 3 changes malarkey ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.